error in compiling ltib

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in compiling ltib

AlexanderKelle1
Contributor II

I just got a i.mx53 quick start board, so I am rather new at this. I been trying to get ltib to compiling but everytime I try I get this error in the log. The log is in the attached file. I am using Ubuntu version 11.01. Any advice would be helpful.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlexanderKelle1
Contributor II

I tried that command and the terminal said: 

libncurses5-dev is already the newest version

0 upgrade, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded

I ran ltib again and it gave me the same error host_config file that I posted. 

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev  on my Ubuntu 10 

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

try to reinstall libncurses, check which packages in your system you need to build ltib, check versions

0 Kudos

AlexanderKelle1
Contributor II

I am kind of confused on how to include the .o files in a .c file. Can you post example to show exactly what you are talking about. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

or did not attach object files with functions wmove, ... to linking process. try to grep this functions in your sources to define which file implement this function , and check if you have these files with extension .o after compilation, then check strings like "ar rc lxdialog.a checklist.o menubox.o textbox.o yesno.o inputbox.o util.o msgbox.o ", "gcc  -lncurses mconf.o zconf.tab.o lxdialog/lxdialog.a -o mconf" and if they do not included include them 

0 Kudos

KrishnaPavan
Contributor II

Hi,

Most of the times the errors in compilation are caused due to missing packages and you have to choose correct paths & packages required.

The log clearly shows that..

Regards krishna pavan

0 Kudos

Kirill
Contributor I

Hello, looks like you did not define "include" path for compilation process. 

0 Kudos