Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eglSwapBuffers suddenly slows down!

Jump to solution
Takashi_Kashiwagi
Senior Contributor I

Hi Community.

I'm using IMX8MM with yocto linux 4.19.

We are investigating why our Qt application has a low FPS.

And I found that "eglSwapBuffers" suddenly slowed down as follows.

samplingaverage[ms]min[ms]max[ms]STDEV.P

I don't know the cause so far, but is there any workaround?

Best Regards,

T.Kashiwagi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Takashi san,

If eglSwapbuffers is writting bytes on the next memory page this should be a bug in the vivante driver, rendering activity for one frame has very clearly defined demarcation of what is one frame and what is the next.

However in case of your issue, this is not reproducible in the Yocto BSP that NXP provides, Please provide a sample code to reproduce in our side and get the fix from the developers team, GPU drivers are propietary and are just provided in binary form.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Takashi san,

If eglSwapbuffers is writting bytes on the next memory page this should be a bug in the vivante driver, rendering activity for one frame has very clearly defined demarcation of what is one frame and what is the next.

However in case of your issue, this is not reproducible in the Yocto BSP that NXP provides, Please provide a sample code to reproduce in our side and get the fix from the developers team, GPU drivers are propietary and are just provided in binary form.

Regards

0 Kudos
Takashi_Kashiwagi
Senior Contributor I

Hi Bio-san

Thank you for reply!

OK. I wil discuss within my team.

Best Regards,

T.Kashiwagi

0 Kudos