cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eREADER based on iMX50EVK + MX50EBOOKDC1

Zubi
Contributor I

Hi every body,

i´m looking for a demo simulating an eReader, based on this platform, to be able to start a project?

The demo included in the EVK is not related to eReaders...

Does anyone know if there is something?

Thanks,

Zubi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Zubi
Contributor I

Hi Nik,

i had already read something about refresh-rate in Android, and that it has to be customized.

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Zubi

0 Kudos

nikjedrzejewski
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Take a look at the demos running on Android.  As you can see  The frame rate of Android is much higher so the EPD can't keep up.  You would have to write an App that only updates the screen accordingly and not constantly, as we had done in the 3 apps.

Thanks,

Nik

0 Kudos

nikjedrzejewski
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi Zubi
0 Kudos

Gabriela
Contributor I

Hi Nik,

That's a pretty helpful info.

I've just started working with the iMX50 EVK + e-ink add on and i still don't have clear whether to choose: Linux or Android. I've read that the display size might be a problem to Android but on the other side, i think developing the ereader app would be easier in Android.

Have your ever tried the e-ink display running on Android? Any hardware inconvenience?

Thanks for your attention,

Kind regards,

Gabriela

Nik Jedrzejewski said:

The Android BSP on freescale.com/imx50 is compatible with the EPD and the resistive touch screen.  You can create an Android eReader App, or another way to create an application that will need to decode PDFs is to port Adobe Mobile Reader SDK.

0 Kudos

nikjedrzejewski
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Android BSP on freescale.com/imx50 is compatible with the EPD and the resistive touch screen.  You can create an Android eReader App, or another way to create an application that will need to decode PDFs is to port Adobe Mobile Reader SDK.

0 Kudos

WilliamTse
Contributor V

Hi Zubi,

You are right, the demo applicatione inlcuded in BSP are only demostarte the features to drive the eInk panel, like page flip.

And there is no any eReader application included.

Regars,

William

0 Kudos