cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eMMC HS400 supporting in Windows10 IoT Enterprise

tom_shen
Contributor II

Windows10 IoT Enterprise Rev. W1.4.0

In the last release, I don't see eMMC HS400 support in the latest BSP W21H2-1-4-0. Could you let me know when it is planned to be supported or if there will be a release soon? This feature is important because installing Windows IoT Enterprise takes a long time

tom_shen_1-1681435687187.png

But if there is HS400 support, it could increase the read/write speed, theoretically reducing the installation time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

tom_shen
Contributor II

I am aware that HS200 support was already available in version 0.9.1 and later version. As far as I know, eMMC HS400 support is on the roadmap for NXP. Can you please confirm when it will be supported?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I heard that latest bsp should support this, but I'm afraid Microsoft doesn't have update plan to add this because of some reasons,  but if I get any further information, I will let you know it

0 Kudos

tom_shen
Contributor II

May I confirm if the latest BSP you mentioned refers to W21H2-1-4-0? There is no change in the SDHC driver in W21H2-1-4-0, just like before. Also, the release notes for W21H2-1-4-0 did not mention any support for eMMC HS400. If you have any further information, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I got information  as below:

"I am only assuming from information that they have postpone it in past, that they have limited resources and other tasks with higher priority. We are talking about Microsoft R&D. HS400 need to be supported by SD driver supplied from Microsoft."

0 Kudos

tom_shen
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. According to your statement, it means that eMMC HS400 currently requires support from Microsoft's sdport.sys driver in order to work, and it is not because NXP's imxusdhc driver does not support it, right?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes

0 Kudos

tom_shen
Contributor II

Could you tell me when Microsoft plans to support this feature?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

as I mentioned that we don't get such plan from them, if I have any update, I will share with you

0 Kudos

tom_shen
Contributor II
From this link

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Windows-10-IoT-Enterprise-iMX8MP-Driver-Injection-Failu...

Unfortunately, NXP does not support windows IOT anymore, please contact Microsoft directly.

========================================================================

Is it correct that an NXP employee responded that they will no longer support Windows IoT?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

nxp supports windows10 IOT, doesn't support WINCE anymore

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

as I known, current bsp only support HS200, I will double confirm from R&D again, any update, I will let you know it

0 Kudos