Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual camera work at the same time

ff
Contributor II

hi  guys

i read the imx53 rm .it says

Several sensors can be connected to each of the CSIs. Simultaneous functionality

(sending data) is supported as follows:

• Two sensors can send data independently, each through a different port.

• Only one of the streams can be transferred to the VDIC or IC for on-the-fly

processing, while the other one is sent directly to system memory.

i do not understand what does on the fly processing  and sent directly to system menmory means

does it mean  when two sensor work at the same time  the preview image  one is sent to the lcd display device   the other is sent to memory

can i  save both of them at the same time

best regards

Forion

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

henri_bragge
Contributor II

I'm also very interested to get this working. I have modified mxc_v4l2_capture driver in kernel 2.6.35 to support both CSI's, and they work OK when running separately (CSI0 as overlay and CSI1 as capture). But dual playback does not work, I get "IPU Error - IPU_INT_STAT_10 = 0x01000000" and "0x00000002". I've tried to run capture also in "bypass IC" mode but even then I couldn't get it working.

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For iMX53 BSP, it only supports one V4L2 output device and only one ouput can be used at the same time, so you will fail to preview the two camera at the same time.

You can try to render the two preview with ipu lib and screenlayer lib, the sample code can be found at the unit test package such as "imx-test-11.09.01.tar.gz", the mxc_ipudev_test.

For iMX6 BSP, it supports more V4l2 output device to support multi-camera.

henri_bragge
Contributor II

Thanks for helpful answer. I've not gotten to the output part yet, because I cannot even capture yet. I tried CSI->MEM path for CSI0/1 simultaneously, and I can only get frames (/interrupts) from both if I do not register any synchronous framebuffers. If I register, then I can only get frames from one CSI at a time. So possibly some framebuffer resources (DP/DC/DMFC) are conflicting with dual CSI->MEM path (or I need one framebuffer per CSI), any ideas how I could overcome that?

0 Kudos

henri_bragge
Contributor II

I was able to overcome the capture problem (I had two bugs: local_buf_num was global instead of per-CSI in mxc_v4l2_capture.c and CSI_MEM1/IRQ1 was used instead of CSI_MEM2/IRQ2 for CSI1 in ipu_csi_enc.c).

Next I would need to somehow show them side by side. Any idea if I could use DP for combining or if I need to accomplish that in SW? Guess I need to check the ipu and screenlayer libs you mentioned.

0 Kudos

nmak
Contributor I

Hi Henri, were you able to achieve side by side display?

0 Kudos