Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download rootfs to microSD error

Jump to solution
caohaifeng
Contributor IV

Hi,All,

I succeed to build fsl gnome release package. But I have problem when download rootfs to microSD.

The attachment is my batch file,which has three stages.

first, fdisk microSD,

then, download u_boot.bin and u_zimage by dd command,

the last, mount rootfs to microSD.

When copy rootfs files to microSD, an error occurred. The error information is described below.

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/share/sgml': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/share/fonts': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/share/applications': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/share/info': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/share/themes': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/share/application-registry': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/share/pixmaps': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/bin': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/src': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/libexec': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/lib': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/var': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/info': No space left on device

cp: cannot create directory `/home/chf/mountpoint/usr/etc': No space left on device

I have modified export TMPFS_SIZE="8192k" in /etc/rc.d/rc.conf. It seems that the block for rootfs is not enough.

I used 4G microSD, and I have tried to usd MFG to download files. error informatin is push mmcblk0p1.

How to solve this problem?

Regards,

Haifeng

Original Attachment has been moved to: dd_mircoSD.sh

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Apparently you create your partition with first cylinder set to 8192. For some SD cards that may be close to end of card already.

Suggest to fix (or check) that. May be better to use "parted" for formatting SD card, as it allows to specify offsets and sizes in MB.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Apparently you create your partition with first cylinder set to 8192. For some SD cards that may be close to end of card already.

Suggest to fix (or check) that. May be better to use "parted" for formatting SD card, as it allows to specify offsets and sizes in MB.

0 Kudos
caohaifeng
Contributor IV

Hi,Vladan,

You are right. It must be set cylinder not sector when I fdisk microSD.

I re-create partition with first sector set to 8192. There is no error when I use batch file to download rootfs.

Thank you.

Haifeng

0 Kudos