cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download and boot firmware from QSPI flash of MIMXRT1050 board

ffloree
Contributor III

Hi,

How can I download and boot firmware from QSPI flash of MIMXRT1050 EVK board?

I tried IAR, Keil and Mfgtool2 to download firmware to QSPI flash, but all of them failed.

Tags (2)
10 Replies

natester
Contributor I

Anyone know if this is possible via jlink?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tom,

please take a look to MIMXRT1050 EVK Board Hardware User’s Guide

2.7. QSPI Flash
A 64Mbit QSPI Flash is used on the MIMXRT1050 EVK Board. If the developer wants to boot from the QSPI Flash, the boot device switch(SW7) settings should be: OFF, OFF, ON, OFF, as shown in Table3.
By default, this QSPI Flash is disabled on the EVK. To enable it, Hyper Flash should be removed when the QSPI Flash is selected as the boot device. And R153, R154, R155, R156, R157, R158 should add 0 Ohm resistors.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ffloree
Contributor III

Hi Carios,

yes, i did over two weeks ago, it doesn't due to HW or EVK board, i think there isn't IAR flashloader for this QSPI flash.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tom,

IAR does not provide a mechanism to flash QSPI, you may download the Flashloader for i.MXRT1050 which supports QSPI NOR Flash here:

www.nxp.com/imxrt1050 > Software & Tools > Flashloader i.MX-RT1050

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

ffloree
Contributor III

it's hopeful, are you sure it supports QSPI NOR Flash? i go through the files, it seems that just only hyperflash files, do you know which one is for QSPI NOR flash?Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

Hello Tom, I also noticed this.  Did you ever resolve how to program QSPI Flash with the FlashLoader/MfgTool?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

ffloree
Contributor III

yes, after changing .bd file, Mfgtool can download firmware to QSPI flash, but you know, it can't debug, just run the program.

0 Kudos

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

Hello Tom, thanks for the reply.  Would you mind posting your modified script?  I'm sure it would be helpful as more people begin using this part.

0 Kudos

ryanshuttlewort
Contributor IV

I think I've got it.  I took program_flexspinor_image_hyperflash.bd and changed the line 'load 0xc0233007 > 0x2000;' to 'load 0xc0100003 > 0x2000;' and I am now able to program a demo app into QSPI. See section 8.2.2.1 of the FlashLoader Reference Manual.

Thanks.

ffloree
Contributor III

by the way, if i populate another QSPI flash rather than the default one, of cause, they are pin to pin, something of the flashloader i need to change?

0 Kudos