Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display driver for imx8m nano

Rohan_R_E
Contributor II

Hello,

Hope you are doing well!

The waveshare 10.5" AMOLED display is booting with suse LINUX 13 full OS whereas when I have connected to i.MX 8M NANO with the 10.5" AMOLED Display the display is not booting up/powering on and getting the error as "Failed to start Terminate Psplash Boot Screen" (image FYR) and when systemctl command is given I found psplash and weston.service being failed(image FYR). guide me to resolve this error and  please do also suggest with supported drivers for display with i.MX8M NANO Board.

for more details of the display check the below link

https://www.waveshare.com/10.5inch-HDMI-AMOLED.htm 

iMX8M iMX8MNANO 

Thanks,

Rohan R E

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Hi @Rohan_R_E ,

I hope you are doing well.

Kindly confirm that the correct dtb has been set by the below command in U-boot.

u-boot > setenv fdt_file imx8mn-ddr4-evk-rm67199.dtb
u-boot > saveenv
u-boot=> printenv fdtfile (to confirm the environment variable value has been changed successfully)
u-boot > boot

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket Parekh
0 Kudos

Rohan_R_E
Contributor II

Hi @Sanket_Parekh 

Thank you for your response. 

u-boot > setenv fdt_file imx8mn-ddr4-evk-rm67199.dtb. After setenv, saveenve and boot for this fdt file I am getting unable to read this file(image attached FYR), whereas for  u-boot > setenv fdt_file imx8mn-ddr4-evk-rm67191.dtb it is booting up correctly without error but the application is not running on the display. are there any other steps to be followed to run the application? please do let me know.

thanks,

Rohan.R.E

0 Kudos

Sanket_Parekh
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I hope you are doing well

Please confirm that the particular dtb file is present in the binary image. If not, kindly try to add that file from the machine configuration file from yocto.
Or you can compile the dts file separately and paste it to the FAT partition of the SD card.

Thanks & Regards

Sanket Parekh

0 Kudos