cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detect installed ram before mmu turned on

Jump to solution
johnballance
Contributor III

This may sound daft, but how can I check the amount of installed RAM in an imx6 in the early stages of booting .. system is 'bare metal, hence it is up to me...

thanks'

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
johnballance
Contributor III

Hi Yuri

I guess that as I'm not sure what is on the board at all, I have to set up ram in the DCD data to enable the max there could be, then integrate the possibility of a data abort within my ram tester... I cannot rely on anything having been set up with more knowledge of the hardware than I can  detect

Many thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just run simple memory test to define really writable / readable zones.

0 Kudos
johnballance
Contributor III

Hi Yuri.. Thats what I thought, but I'm getting a data abort, which is unexpected. Any thoughts?.. or do I just need to make sure I have an abort handler in place first?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I would not say that data abort is not expected. This event states about non-exitent memory - what is we should find.
Perhaps it would be better to calculate memory size using memory controller settings : number of rows, columns, data port size,

number of banks.

johnballance
Contributor III

Hi Yuri

I guess that as I'm not sure what is on the board at all, I have to set up ram in the DCD data to enable the max there could be, then integrate the possibility of a data abort within my ram tester... I cannot rely on anything having been set up with more knowledge of the hardware than I can  detect

Many thanks

John

0 Kudos