cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customized E-Ink panel support in epdc-test targetting imx6sl-evk + IMXEBOOKDC3

jeffsonxu
Contributor I

Hi all,

I set up a system with imx6sl-evk + IMXEBOOKDC3 to test our own customerized E-Ink panel.

I know that how to replace the original 6.0" E-Ink display with 9.7" display, we need change the linux boot environment which is described in thread: connecting i.MX7D Sabre(MCIMX7SABRE) and E-INK panel(IMXEBOOKDC4)

"setenv mmcargs 'setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} epdc video=mxcepdcfb:E97_V110,bpp=16"

This makes sense because the "fb_videomode e97_v110_mode" struct is already defined in the mxc_epdc_fb.c driver.

However we now have a completely different customized panel, how to add its support and make the EPDC framebuffer driver unit test works with the new panel?

At moment is the new panel's waveform is not available, does this matter? Can I only modify the driver code to make unit test cover the new resolution of our panel?

Any detailed instruction would be very appreciated!

BR,

Jeff

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ManotSwasdee
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The correct waveform is required for best optical quality of the EPD panel.  The basic waveform modes should work on any EPD panel but it may show ghosting and undesirable displayed images.  You should use the correct waveform for your EPD panel or at least use the waveforms from the same technology as your panel.  The E97_V110 waveform is for the Vizplex panels which is the very first E Ink panel produced.  It can be use to see if you can update the panel but should not be used for the long run.  It may damage your EPD panel due to over driving of the E Ink.  Please find out the technology of your panel first or ask E Ink for a suitable waveform for your panel.

Manot

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeff

please refer to sect.10.3.4.2 Using a Custom Waveform File
attached Linux Manual.
As described on it waveform file specific to E Ink panel
should be used, new panel's waveform availability does matter.
Unfortunately conversion script is limited access, so to
obtain waveforms for custom epd please apply to local fae.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos