cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring eMMC EMMC16G-TB29-90F01

shamiullah
Contributor III

Hello

I am using imx6ul evk board and we prepared a customized board on imx6ul and we want to integrate EMMC16G-TB29-90F01 eMMC. Can you please share the info on how to integrate EMMC16G-TB29-90F01 eMMC in linux device tree and how to configure the eMMC .

Thanks and Regards

Shammi

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

shamiullah
Contributor III

Hi igor,

I have gone through the eMMC datasheet but i can't find the OCR internal register, But i have found the CID, CSD, EXT_CSD registers. Where do i have to make changes. Is it  in kernel or U-boot ? Can you tell me the file name in which i have to make changes?

Thanks & Regards

Shamiullah

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shammi

new emmc can work without additional customizations as it is supported

in i.MX6UL EVK design and software:

Design files, Including Hardware Schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD Files

https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtsi?h=...

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

shamiullah
Contributor III

Hi igor,

I am using EMMC16G-TB29-90F01 eMMC. The size is 16GB . Without ?any changes how can it detects the properties of EMMC16G-TB29-90F01 eMMC . Can you explain me why no changes is required in device tree and uboot?

Thanks and Regards

shammi

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

properties of EMMC16G-TB29-90F01 eMMC and other eMMC are obtained reading its

internal registers like: OCR, CID, CSD, EXT_CSD, they are described in emmc

specifcation  :   https://www.jedec.org/standards-documents/technology-focus-areas/flash-memory-ssds-ufs-emmc/e-mmc

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

shamiullah
Contributor III

Hi igor,

I have gone through the eMMC datasheet but i can't find the OCR internal register, But i have found the CID, CSD, EXT_CSD registers. Where do i have to make changes. Is it  in kernel or U-boot ? Can you tell me the file name in which i have to make changes?

Thanks & Regards

Shamiullah

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

there is no need for manual changes, sd/mmc driver handles internal registers automatically,

Driver description can be found in sect.3.3 MMC/SD/SDIO Host   i.MX Linux Reference Manual​

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos