cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication between cortex A35 and Cortex M4

sharmila_devada
Contributor III

Hi,

How to communicate between Cortex A35 and Cortex M4 using IPC APIs ? I am using i.Mx8QX . I am planning to use sc_ipc_open() , sc_ipc_read(), sc_ipc_write(), sc_ipc_close() APIs. Can you please provide the suggestion.

Thank you

Sharmia

0 Kudos
8 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sharmia

for communication between cores one can look on

sect.2.6 Remote Processor Messaging attached Linux Manual.

May be useful  https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com to download SDK2.3 for i.MX 8QuadXPlus Beta2

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sharmila_devada
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Is Remote Processor Messaging is a blocking function ? Is it secured one ? We are planning to use IPC APIs. Please provide the input for the same.

Thank you,

Sharmila

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

sharmila_devada
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Whether rpmsg ping pong application is using secured IPC ? 

Regards

Sharmila

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sharmila

do you mean using SECO, I do not think so.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

sharmila_devada
Contributor III

Hi igor,

I understand that using rpmsg we can communicate b/w cortex A35 and cortex M4. But my doubt is, is it the only one way for this? Can I use Message unit (MU) which is associated in SECO for communication ? Can i use sc_ipc_read(), sc_ipc_write() APIs for read write Message Unit?

Please provide the answer.

Thank You,

Sharmila

0 Kudos

zhu_meng
Contributor I

hi, Sharmila

Did you realize inter-core communication with Message unit (MU)? If yes, could you share your method with me?

Thank you,

Best regards
zhu

0 Kudos

sharmila_devada
Contributor III

Hi igor,

Remote Processor Messaging is a blocking function ? I have planned to use MU(Message unit). Since SECO is having MU Block it is secured. How to use sc_ipc_read() , sc_ipc_write() APIs to transfer message bw two core ? I need to write the Application to transfer the data between linux to free rtos and vice versa.

Thank you

Sharmila

0 Kudos