cannot have the v4l2h264dec plugins on iMX8m mini

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot have the v4l2h264dec plugins on iMX8m mini

prashantdivate
Contributor II

I'm building the custom yocto image for the iMX8m mini. It builds gstreamer-1.18.5.imx At first, I am seeing video4linux2 shared lib was installed in rootfs with default package configuration options as mentioned at gstreamer1.0-plugins-good_1.18.5.imx.bb The build succeeded.

But on the target board the $gst-inspect-1.0 | grep v4l2 only outputs 3 plugins:

1. v4l2src
  2. v4l2sink
  3. v4l2device...

I'm actually looking for below video decoder plugins as mentioned in i.MX8GStreamerUserGuide -

prashantdivate_0-1668074466441.png

I don't have any of them and I don't really understand why it's not there whereas the yocto recipes have all succeeded.

Can anyone suggest something which I have to look for to fix this issue?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

prashantdivate
Contributor II

Thanks @Bio_TICFSL 

I'm not seeing much of the difference between my machine configuration(attached commboard.zip) and machine conf in meta-freescale but still, I'm not getting those plugins in the final image. Do you suspect anything suspicious in the attached machine configurations that I need to take care so that I will get those plugins.

__PRESENT

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, you have it, in yocto if you are building the full image, just $gst-inspect  will give you the codecs you have.

Regards