Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot detect board sabresd mx6sx with mfgtool

Jump to solution
V_Palacio
Contributor IV

Hi,

I've been trying to mount and use a NAND chip mounted on a SabreSD board (6SX Sabre-SDB).

The question is that, after reading some docs, I assume than an invalid boot switch config leads to the board entering in serial download mode.

In fact, an HID device is created when I connect J7 to my PC (both in windows and Linux).

[ 7799.686959] usb 2-1.4.4: new high-speed USB device number 35 using xhci_hcd
[ 7799.787696] usb 2-1.4.4: New USB device found, idVendor=15a2, idProduct=0071
[ 7799.787703] usb 2-1.4.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 7799.787707] usb 2-1.4.4: Product: SE Blank PELE
[ 7799.787711] usb 2-1.4.4: Manufacturer: Freescale SemiConductor Inc
[ 7799.789712] hid-generic 0003:15A2:0071.000D: hiddev1,hidraw3: USB HID v1.10 Device [Freescale SemiConductor Inc SE Blank PELE] on usb-0000:00:14.0-1.4.4/input0

But , when running mfgtoolcli in Linux, execution stops at 'Ready to flash'.

vpalacio@vpalacio-laptop:~/nand_flash_imx6sx/L4.9.88_2.0.0_mfg-tool/mfgtools-with-rootfs/mfgtools$ ./mfgtoolcli -c "Linux" -l "NAND Flash" -s "board=sabreauto" -s "sxuboot=sabreauto" -s "sxdtb=sabreauto" -s "nand=nand" -s "nanddtb=gpmi-weim" -s "part_uboot=0" -s "part_kernel=1" -s "part_dtb=2" -s "part_rootfs=4"
Your Options:
board: sabreauto
sxuboot: sabreauto
sxdtb: sabreauto
nand: nand
nanddtb: gpmi-weim
part_uboot: 0
part_kernel: 1
part_dtb: 2
part_rootfs: 4
Ready to flash.

Something similar occurs with mfgtool.exe running on Windows... 'No device connected' appears at top left.

I'm missing something?

I'll expect an error flashing if there is a hardware problem with the flash, but no a 'No device connected' problem.

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Victor

for board setup one can check attached Quick Start Guide, sect.6 Working with the i.MX 6SoloX SABRE-SD Board

Android Guide and Mfg Tool presentation and test with several windows computers

AMF-ACC-T1652 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Victor

for board setup one can check attached Quick Start Guide, sect.6 Working with the i.MX 6SoloX SABRE-SD Board

Android Guide and Mfg Tool presentation and test with several windows computers

AMF-ACC-T1652 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

V_Palacio
Contributor IV

Thanks Igor...

I should have changed BOOT_MODE switch from 0-1 to 1-0, as told in Android Quick Start Guide 6.3...

4. Change the the i.MX SoloX SABRE-SD board's S1 (boot mode) to 10 (from 1-2 bit) to enter download mode.

The problem was that I'm going for Linux, not Android, and the document I readed ( "i.MX Linux User's Guide") says otherwise...

4.5.11 Serial download mode for the Manufacturing Tool
No dedicated boot DIP switches are reserved for serial download mode on i.MX 6 SABRE-SD and i.MX 6SoloLite boards.
There are various ways to enter serial download mode. One way is to set the boot mode to boot from SD slot SD3 (set SW6
DIP switches 2 and 7 to on, and the rest are off). Do not insert the SD card into slot SD3, and power on the board. After the
message "HID Compliant device" is displayed, the board enters serial download mode. Then insert the SD card into SD slot
SD3. Another way to do this is to configure an invalid boot switch setting, such as setting all the DIP switches of SW6 to off.

I'm with other problems with MfgTool from Windows detecting the board, but I managed to flash an SD with mfgtoolcli from Ubuntu.

0 Kudos