Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get kernel image error in imx25 pdk

Jump to solution
arumugamramasam
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using iMX25 PDK with 3 stack configuration. I have reproduced the CPU boards and using with the personality board supplied by freescale. While booting from SD card, the original CPU is booting and one of my newly produced CPUs is also booting. But without changing the SD Card, if I change the CPU, it is not booting up. Saying that can't load kernel image. The log files of good and bad booting are attached. Need help to find the reason why is it malfunctioning between CPU to CPU.

Thanks,

Arumugam R

Original Attachment has been moved to: Kernel-Loaded.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: Can't-get-kernel-image.txt.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Your understand is correct.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you mean you made two identical CPU boards? Then one is good, it can boot up without any problem. The other one cannot boot up, right? According to the log, the bad one the kernel can be loaded to DDR, but it cannot be executed.

Please try to decrease the DDR freq.. Please check the DDR (hardware) soldering on the board.

0 Kudos
arumugamramasam
Contributor II

Thanks for the response. But the same board boots from Nand. If in case there is any problem with DDR then it should not have booted from Nand either right? Please let me know whether my understanding is correct or not.

Thanks,

Arumugam R

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Your understand is correct.

0 Kudos