can IMX6Q output BT656/1102 in 24-bit parallel interface?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can IMX6Q output BT656/1102 in 24-bit parallel interface?

翔李
Contributor IV

can IMX6Q output BT656/1102 24-bit parallel interface? And  I need only 8 bit of 24bit connect a DAC(SAA7121or ADV7179) to output CVBS.

Also,which 8 bit for me to use,DISP0_DAT0---DAT7?  DISP0_DAT8---DAT15?   DISP0_DAT16---DAT23?

what's more,   IMX6DQRM 37.4.6.2.1 Synchronous Interfaces Description :Only video data is supported, sending data during blanking intervals is not supported. The component size is always 8 bit.

what' the meaning of" sending data during blanking intervals is not supported"?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to Table 68 (Video Signal Cross-Reference) of the i.MX6 Datasheet (IMX6DQCEC,

Rev. 3, 02/2014) regarding the mapping of the Display Interface Pins used during various supported
video interface formats. Maximal port size is used under 20-bit YCrCb.
  Again : "Only video data is supported, transmission of non-video related data

during blanking intervals is not supported". An active line starts with a SAV code and ends
with a EAV code. In some cases, digital blanking is inserted in between EAV and SAV code.

So, to say roughly - there are no codes between EAV and SAV.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------