can IMX6 SABREAUTO-AI board(i.MX 6Dual/6Quad SABRE-AI SD) to be rooted device?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can IMX6 SABREAUTO-AI board(i.MX 6Dual/6Quad SABRE-AI SD) to be rooted device?

Jump to solution
maduravula
Contributor II

I am using IMX6 SABREAUTO-AI board with Android 7.I wanted to customize the  android system application,after modifying the android system app (ex : Contacts app),I compiled only that application to get the apk file with modification what i have done(using "mm -b" command).

I tried to push the apk file into "system" folder using

adb push <apk file path>  /system/app

now i am getting the read only file system error.

to change the permissions for "system" folder every one  saying device should be rooted

is it possible to root the my nxp board? if possible what is better solution with out breaking the board?

in the  Android_User's_Guide.pdf mentioned that,if the build type is "userdebug" it provides  image with root access and debug, similar to "user".

I have tried the usedebug build variant also ,but getting same error "read only file system" when i try to push the apk file in to /system/app 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for writing.

If you already have your image under the userdebug privileges. You only need to follow these steps to have access to the /system/app path.

using adb, type the following command:

adb start-server.

adb root

adb disable-verity

adb remount

After that, you have access to the /system/app path.

I hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Diego.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayTu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are two ways,

1. adb remount

2. mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system (change to your sd/mmc partition of system)

Actually, adb remount also remount system as rw. Please refer to system/core/adb/remount_service.c.

0 Kudos
diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for writing.

If you already have your image under the userdebug privileges. You only need to follow these steps to have access to the /system/app path.

using adb, type the following command:

adb start-server.

adb root

adb disable-verity

adb remount

After that, you have access to the /system/app path.

I hope this can help you.

Best Regards,

Diego.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos