cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera expansion for iMX6 sabresd ?

abraham_v
Contributor IV

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to design a custom board around the iMX6 processor. It's meant to capture data from a 2MP camera and stream 720p@30fps. In addition to wifi video streaming, I'm hoping to save the video data to an SD card (in x264 format) and display video on an attached LCD panel.

I've got the iMX6 sabresd development board (RDIMX6SABREBRD: SABRE Board for Smart Devices Based on the i.MX 6 Series: SABRE Board for Smart Devi...) with me. Does anyone know of any secondary camera boards I could purchase to test the above feature? This is a linux project. Looking online I've found (iMX6 Camera | iMX Camera | 5MP MIPI camera for i.MX6 processor) from eCon systems, but that is an attachment to a different development board.

Yours sincerely,

Abraham V.

2 Replies

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So what you are looking for is a board with a camera?, are you looking for an i.mx6 board too?

0 Kudos

abraham_v
Contributor IV

Hello SergioSolis ,

Hmm.. yes, I'm looking for a board with a camera - specifically one that can be integrated with the sabresd board (since I have that). Additionally, I'm hoping for associated linux source code to be able to play around with the camera too.

Do such expansion boards exist?

-Abraham V.

0 Kudos