显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

burn fuses

807 次查看
sapirbuz
Contributor IV

Hi,

How can we burn the fuses without an external flash on our board?

Can we use the internal ROM to do it?

sapirbuz_0-1679415733546.png

0 项奖励
8 回复数

789 次查看
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

On the i.MX8 and i.MX8x families the OTP memory is part of the security subsystem and is controlled by the SCU and SECO only. Please refer to this blog post about how users can read and write eFuses.

Understanding how to burn eFuses on i.MX8 and i.MX8x families.

Best regards.

0 项奖励

779 次查看
sapirbuz
Contributor IV

Sorry, but i still don't understand if it is possible to burn fuses without an external flash, and how to do it in case it is possible

0 项奖励

771 次查看
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, you can burn fuses internally using U-boot, once the board is flashed you can use U-boot commands to read/write efuses using the SCFW API functions that are specified on the blog that is on the past answer.

Best regards.

0 项奖励

767 次查看
sapirbuz
Contributor IV

What do you mean by "when the board is flashed"?

0 项奖励

765 次查看
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It means that you have an image flashed on the board and it is able to boot.

Best regards.

0 项奖励

759 次查看
sapirbuz
Contributor IV

If I have an image flashed on the board, it means that I have an external flash on the board, right?

But the external flash wasn't enabled (because we need to burn the fuses first) so it is like we don't have an external flash on the board.

How can we burn the fuses without an external flash on our board and we don't have an image flashed on the board?

0 项奖励

745 次查看
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Got it, it that case it is not possible, you need to flash the MPU to burn efuses.

Best regards. 

0 项奖励

725 次查看
sapirbuz
Contributor IV

You are wrong.

It is possible using the LPSPI NOR/EEPROM.

After setting the "Boot Device" to "LPSPI NOR/EEPROM" , we succeed to burn the fuses.

0 项奖励