Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build imx8 sdk fail

Jump to solution
llr
Contributor I

Hello,

I built the imx-image-full SDK using the following command:

repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-zeus -m imx-5.4.70-2.3.0.xml

DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=imx8mmevk source imx-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland
     bitbake imx-image-full -c populate_sdk

Host information:ubuntu16.04, memory: 28GB, core number: 32

Failed to build the SDK. The exit value is 137. Out of memory.  How to solve this problem?

QQ截图20210224000411.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This is normally caused because the RAM ran out of memory. It would be helpful to check the following thread where  this topic has been addressed: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/IMX8M-populate-sdk-error/m-p/1094113

Hope it helps!

BR,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
oprata
Contributor II

Hello!

I build the same image and sdk without any problem.

Look the log below

~$ bitbake imx-image-full -c populate_sdk
Loading cache: 100% |########################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:01
Loaded 4639 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |######################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:02
Parsing of 3217 .bb files complete (3216 cached, 1 parsed). 4640 targets, 469 skipped, 1 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION = "1.44.0"
BUILD_SYS = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING = "ubuntu-16.04"
TARGET_SYS = "aarch64-poky-linux"
MACHINE = "imx8mmevk"
DISTRO = "fsl-imx-wayland"
DISTRO_VERSION = "5.4-zeus"
TUNE_FEATURES = "aarch64 cortexa53 crc crypto"
TARGET_FPU = ""
meta
meta-poky
meta-oe
meta-multimedia
meta-python
meta-freescale
meta-freescale-3rdparty
meta-freescale-distro
meta-bsp
meta-sdk
meta-ml
meta-nxp-demo-experience
meta-browser
meta-rust
meta-clang
meta-gnome
meta-networking
meta-filesystems
meta-qt5
meta-python2 = "master:7ccdf189261fb77aa753616223750f637684a913"

Initialising tasks: 100% |###################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:04
Sstate summary: Wanted 3 Found 2 Missed 1 Current 2285 (66% match, 99% complete)
NOTE: Executing Tasks
NOTE: Setscene tasks completed
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 7774 tasks of which 7773 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.

After ran the command "bitbake imx-image-full -c populate_sdk" the sdk is ready to install. The script to install the sdk is in the folder "./tmp/imx8mmevk-poky-linux/imx-image-full/1.0-r0/x86_64-deploy-imx-image-full-populate-sdk/". The script name is "fsl-imx-wayland-glibc-x86_64-imx-image-full-aarch64-imx8mmevk-toolchain-5.4-zeus.sh".

After you install the script don't forget to run de command "source /<sdk path>/5.4-zeus/environment-setup-aarch64-poky-linux". This action will set the environment variable to cross compiler your source code.

I hope it could help you.

IvanRuiz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

This is normally caused because the RAM ran out of memory. It would be helpful to check the following thread where  this topic has been addressed: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/IMX8M-populate-sdk-error/m-p/1094113

Hope it helps!

BR,

Ivan.

0 Kudos