Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbake core-image-x11 fails in do_rootfs for i.MX6Q - Udoo Quad board

Jump to solution
angusgalloway-b
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have built many images for the udoo before such as core-image-base, with settings as per my blog post here.  Ultimately, the problem is this:

packagegroup-core-x11-base : Depends: packagegroup-core-x11-utils but it is not going to be installed

W: Unable to read /home/angus/build/tmp/work/udoo_quad-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-x11/1.0-r0/apt/apt.conf.d/ - DirectoryExists (2: No such file or directory)

In  "/home/angus/build/tmp/work/udoo_quad-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-x11/1.0-r0/apt" I have apt.conf, preferences, sources.list, sources.list.rev but no apt.conf.d.

### LOCAL.CONF ###  MACHINE ??= 'udoo-quad' DISTRO ?= 'poky' PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_deb" IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " canutils" IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " libsocketcan" IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " iproute2"  IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "ext3 sdcard" EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks" USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink" PATCHRESOLVE = "noop" BB_DISKMON_DIRS = "\     STOPTASKS,${TMPDIR},1G,100K \     STOPTASKS,${DL_DIR},1G,100K \     STOPTASKS,${SSTATE_DIR},1G,100K \     ABORT,${TMPDIR},100M,1K \     ABORT,${DL_DIR},100M,1K \     ABORT,${SSTATE_DIR},100M,1K"  CONF_VERSION = "1"  BB_NUMBER_THREADS = '8' PARALLEL_MAKE = '-j 8'  INHERIT += "rm_work"  DL_DIR ?= "${BSPDIR}/downloads/" ACCEPT_FSL_EULA = ""

Note that I was using "rm_work" to save disk space, but I have tried building with and without that commented out.
I am attaching the log file.

Original Attachment has been moved to: log.do_rootfs.3922.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: run.do_rootfs.3922.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
angusgalloway-b
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Resolved, added the line: PREFERRED_VERSION_xserver-nodm-init = "1.0" to local.conf

Looks like some other people were had same issue: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2013-May/002676.html

Found solution here: Freescale OpenEmbedded/Yocto Layers discussion list

View solution in original post

6 Replies
angusgalloway-b
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Resolved, added the line: PREFERRED_VERSION_xserver-nodm-init = "1.0" to local.conf

Looks like some other people were had same issue: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2013-May/002676.html

Found solution here: Freescale OpenEmbedded/Yocto Layers discussion list

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

why are you using Debian package?

If it's ok, it's ok. When you decide to work to upgrade to a newer branch, I can help.

0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

you did not attached the log file, you attached the run file :smileysilly:

0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

And I was not really able to figure out how you setup your yocto layers. Which branch do you use?

0 Kudos
angusgalloway-b
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks, I updated the post with the log file. I am using the dora branch as per rongals/meta-ronga-udoo · GitHub
but I realize dora is very old now.

0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, dora is way too old now.

Do you know why it is based only on dora? (and only u-boot 2013, and only kernel 3.0.35)

Well, going back to your build error. I think this is caused by some dependency failure, have you tried to rebuild the package with missing files?

The error is not during the package build/instalation. But during the image wrapping/installation. It probably means the package is OK, but for some reason the order of build highlighted some missing dependency on some installation.

Is this a package you included on local.conf? Or its part of core-image-x11 ifself?

(if you prefer, ping me on IM and we try together to debug this)

0 Kudos