Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbake Error with i.MX6UL-EVK dtb

Jump to solution
mickaeltoumi
Contributor III

Hello,

I ran bitbake last night for the i.MX6UL-EVK platform. The command was: bitbake core-image-base

The repository has been synched before the build.

I am following the steps in the document called: Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf

I have the following error:

| NOTE: make -j 8 imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb

| make[3]: *** No rule to make target `arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb'.  Stop.

| make[2]: *** [imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb] Error 2

| make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2

| make: *** [all] Error 2

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_install (log file is located at /home/mtoumi/yocto_base/fsl-release-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6ulevk-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/temp/log.do_install.29429)

ERROR: Task 71 (/home/xxxxx/yocto_base/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_3.14.28.bb, do_install) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1428 tasks of which 1382 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:

/home/xxxxx/yocto_base/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_3.14.28.bb, do_install

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

What's missing?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mickael T,

The 3.14.28 BSP Release does not support the i.MX6UL EVK. You can see the supported machine options on the Release Notes or section 5.2 of the Yocto User's Guide. I would recommend switching to BSP 3.14.52 release, which does support the i.MX6UL EVK.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mickael T,

The 3.14.28 BSP Release does not support the i.MX6UL EVK. You can see the supported machine options on the Release Notes or section 5.2 of the Yocto User's Guide. I would recommend switching to BSP 3.14.52 release, which does support the i.MX6UL EVK.

Regards,

0 Kudos
mickaeltoumi
Contributor III

Ok thanks for the answer. I will move to 3.14.52. I believe I missed a key last night, my initial intention was to get 3.14.38.

0 Kudos