Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ask for MIPI DSI driver code which vendor is synopsys

Jump to solution
guojunqiang
Contributor II

Dear Sirs,

I'm trying bring up oled panel on IMX7D chip and the MIPI DSI vendor is DWC(synopsys),

I just want to know whether the DWC DSI driver code is exist or not on nxp chips.

could you help confirm this ? if yes ,could you share the driver code ?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi keil

driver is described in sect.6.4.2 MIPI DSI Interface attached Linux Manual

and sources and be found in nxp linux repository

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
guojunqiang
Contributor II

Dear sir,

Thanks for your response.

I still have two queries,please help me.

1.I can see such as "DRM bridge","panel bridge" "MIPI bridge" etc. in the code,so,what's the "bridge" means here,are they specified chipset?

2.DRM part should depend on specified chipset supporting(GPU/DPU/?)?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi keil

1. "bridge"means peripheral attachment bus and used as general term in many places

of attached Linux Manual.

2. in general yes, in particular sect.6.4.1.1 Introduction Linux Manual describes:

"..display framework which is fbdev framework on i.MX 6 and i.MX 7 and drm framework for i.MX8. ."

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
guojunqiang
Contributor II

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked the DWC MIPI DSI driver code you shared which is based on DRM display framework.

It's a pity that my code base still using fbdev model,so could you help check that driver code using fbdev model as well ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi keil

driver is described in sect.6.4.2 MIPI DSI Interface attached Linux Manual

and sources and be found in nxp linux repository

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!