are Dual screen display output and dual camera supported in IMX7?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are Dual screen display output and dual camera supported in IMX7?

gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Hello,

I am looking for dual screen display support in IMX7 by means of MIPI DSI display and LCD parallel display. And also dual camera support by means of MIPI CSI and parell camera.  Can anyone say, are these features supported in IMX7 by means of hardware and software?  If yes,  any procedure/steps to test this in IMX7 sabreSD board will be more helpful.   

Thanks and Regards,

Gopinath S 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

About the i.MX7D Both parallel and serial Display and Camera interfaces are provided, as well as a way to directly connect to the Electrophoretic Displays (EPD). Parallel RGB and MIPI DSI Display Interfaces and Parallel and MIPI CSI Camera Interfaces you can see about the i.MX7D , details you can see here http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

The IMX7 sabreSD board release BSP you can see that , about camera only Supports single camera on 7D-SABRE-SD.

MIPI CSI camera are support, no dual camera support on 7D-SABRE-SD board in the newest version fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga BSP. Details you can see in the document i.MX_Linux_Release_Notes.pdf.

Hope this can help you
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

george
Senior Contributor II

Dear b45499‌,

I also want to implement multi displays using i.MX7.

Do you have the materials for it?

Isn't it tested in NXP?

I want the hint for implementing it.

Best Regards,

George

0 Kudos

gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Hi Rita,

Thank You for your support. So you mean, no dual camera support on 7D-SABRE-SD board and its yocto BSP. May I ask you, is it possible to support dual camera on our custom board ? I mean, Are there any technical limitations in terms of hardware and software to support dual camera?

Regrading display, I cannot find any direct information about dual/multiple display support either in TRM or application notes in IMX7. Whereas in case of IMX6, it is bit clear in application notes pdf as below.  

As you can see, the total "display at a time" is available for all variants of IMX6 processor. Can you help me on getting the same details for IMX7 processor? 

Cheers,

Gopinath S

0 Kudos