anyone used enhanced buffer descriptors on iMX6?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone used enhanced buffer descriptors on iMX6?

Jump to solution
EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

I've got an Ethernet driver working with the legacy descriptors, and it appears to me that I should be able to just build up a new structure that represents the added elements in the enhanced descriptor and then the code would *just work*.  That's *almost* the case, but I seem to be dropping a lot of packets.  If (for starters) all I want to do is enable the use of the new descriptors (without taking advantage of anything new they provide), should that just work?

Ed

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Ok, I'm answering my own question here...

The trick is that you need to make sure that you clear the additional control and reserved fields of the more complex descriptor.  It works now.!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EdSutter
Senior Contributor II

Ok, I'm answering my own question here...

The trick is that you need to make sure that you clear the additional control and reserved fields of the more complex descriptor.  It works now.!

0 Kudos
donaldfranks
Contributor I

Has anyone gotten the enhanced receive buffer descriptors working on the MPC5748G. I have an issue where I can receive messages in all but the last rx bd (the one with the wrap bit set). I get a receive message in the RX message buffer, but the rx descriptor Empty bit does not get set, and I get no more receive messages (i do get additional RXF interrupt flags).

0 Kudos