cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android continuously reboots on sabresd board

michaeltsukerma
Contributor I

Hello,

I've build android 4.2.2 firmware ( for SD card ) for sabresd board ( imx6 quad ) as it described in Android_user_guide.pdf. But when i'm trying to boot board with my firmware it reboots several second after kernel finishes initialization and android init process has been started. What it can be? The sample android 4.2.2 1.1.0 ( and 1.0.0 ) images from freescale are working good.

Tags (2)
6 Replies

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm sorry, I didnt fully understood...

1) The android image boots correctly

2) The android source code boots correctly

3) The android source code with your modifications reboots continously?

0 Kudos

michaeltsukerma
Contributor I

I have not made any modifications in android code. I've only downloaded AOSP 4.2.2_r1 source code , applied patch from freescale. Downloaded kernel and uboot also from freescale git. After that i've build android image for sabresd-6q board using instractions provided in Android user guide pdf. 

I wrote resulting images to SD card.

1. u-boot starts correctly

2. it starts boot.img correctly

3. kernel starts correctly

4. when kernel finished initialization it starts /init from ramdisk

5. after that i see android shell in minicom for several seconds. ( or did not see at all , sometimes it reboots straight after kernel initialization finished )

6. and it reboots without any error or sigfault. ( some crytical android service has been crashed i think )

0 Kudos

EgleTeam
Contributor V

What kind of SD card do you use?

I mean: what class (MB/s)? Android consumes a lot of RD/WR resources. We had similar problems with our custom hardware: Android did reset all the time unless we use at least a SD class 10 and even so it worked very bad. Try booting (u-boot + kernel) from SD and placing the file system into an eMMMC or a SATA disk. I hope be helpful.

Regards.

Manuel.

0 Kudos

frédéric
Contributor III

My problem was hardware, when the GPU started it asked too many amp and the board was reseting... new board works fine :smileyhappy:

EgleTeam
Contributor V

Good news then :-).

Perhaps it lacked bulk/bypass capacitante. To be sure you have solved the issue I recommend you:

1. Modify the kernel and increase the reserved memory for GPU all you can.

2. Launch a heavy GPU tester (antutu or similar).

3. If the board doesn't reset you'll be sure your hardware is robust :-). If the GPU stops working due overheating, don't worry about it because is usual (depends on the temperature range of the chip).

Regards,

Manuel.

0 Kudos

frédéric
Contributor III

I have the same problem when I am in secure mode... did you find why Android reboots?

0 Kudos