Jump to solution
andypeng
Contributor I

Hi,

In i.MX Linux Multimedia   Framework  User's Guide.pdf,follow:

Installing/Building the Plugins on Ubuntu 

1.1.3 BSP Requirements

1.1.4 Installing/Building the Plugins

This chapter describes how to build and generate debian packages on the i.MX series board

natively.

Following steps illustrate about on Ubuntu and also how

to build a Debian package from the source.

1. Prepare an i.MX6 board running Ubuntu OS(11.10 Oneiric)

2. Install BSP support libraries package, the package is released with BSP. (you need to

have the .deb file available to the board, a USB-Key or copying the file to the board in

some other way should be fine)

sudo dpkg -i imx-lib-$VERSION-$RELEASE.deb

sudo dpkg -i kernel_$VERSION-imx_$RELEASE_armel.deb

It is desired to install all other BSP Debian packages.

3. Obtain the following Debian binary packages, which are included in the Debian release.

(i.e. you can copy them to a USB-Key that will be connected to the board)

Some BSP related packages needed (repackage for avoid some toolchain compatibility issue)

Use dpkg command to install them:

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

The above steps in imx6 board completed very inconvenient, what method can use these *.deb files are installed on the virtual machine's ltib/rootfs/ directory?

thank you!

--andy

2013/04/03

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andy,

The .deb files were made to be installed when you're running Ubuntu on your i.MX board. If you're using LTIB rootfs, you can  download the multimedia tar.gz packages and move them to the /opt/freescale/pkgs on your PC. This is the location where all ltib packages are.

After moving the files, you can select the multimedia packages on ltib menu using "./ltib -c" command. Ltib will unpack, build and install them.

Rgds

Rogerio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andy,

The .deb files were made to be installed when you're running Ubuntu on your i.MX board. If you're using LTIB rootfs, you can  download the multimedia tar.gz packages and move them to the /opt/freescale/pkgs on your PC. This is the location where all ltib packages are.

After moving the files, you can select the multimedia packages on ltib menu using "./ltib -c" command. Ltib will unpack, build and install them.

Rgds

Rogerio

0 Kudos
4guin4g4
Contributor IV

Hi Andy,

To better understand, you were able to install the packages in your VM but, after you build your image and load it to the board, the packages are not installed?

0 Kudos