about IMX6D uboot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about IMX6D uboot

cotway
Contributor II

Refer to the official imx6q board to customize the imx6d board(pmic and ddr3 are the same ),but can't use mfgtools to download uboot. especially, loading U-boot all the time. who can help me ? where should i modify ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The i.MX6Q and i.MX6D are the same die, they're just fused differently. Here you can check the uboot fuse NUM_CORES, in our reference maunual you can see the 0x430.

i.MX6 Quad versus Dual differentiated by fuse NUM_CORES .

cpu core.PNG

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos

cotway
Contributor II

But,after changed cpu to imx6q,the result is the same. mfgtools can loading uboot image.etc.,but jump to os few minutes ,loading uboot again all the time.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

So sorry for above reply, the i.MX6D software is the same with the i.MX6Q. When the power the board, and system running, it will detect the chip. Here your error maybe caused by the DDR configuration, you can use the ddr test tool to test it first.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105652 

0 Kudos

cotway
Contributor II

thanks your reply.we had tried ,when Excel sets 528Mhz 64bit calibration failed;when Excel sets 400mhz 32bit calibration succeeded,but in the ddr stress ,(400-600mhz)432mhz will be error.although,changed register in the uboot ,serial will be output when we use sb_load tools,however,just five line outputs.  we are checking para or pcb layout.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The test tool support the 528Mhz and 400MHz, others are not support. Here your board test succeeded on the 400MHz, so you can set the 400MHz in your uboot. And the mfgtool firmware os also need to set and build.

0 Kudos