Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about HDMI register definition "Override" bit

Jump to solution
wallyyeh
Contributor V

Good day, every one:

I want to change the register value about Clock Symbol and Transmitter Control(HDMI_PHY_CKSYTXCTRL).

and have been read these:

pdf A : "i.MX 6Dual 6Quad Applications Processor Reference Manual" rev. 1

pdf B : "i.MX 6 Series HDMI Test Method for Eye Pattern and Electrical Characteristics"

(download form http://www.google.com.tw/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcac...)

and I can not understand the meaning about 15th bit (Override) at pdf A, page 1821.

the description is all blank, I think this bit may just the same as pdf A, page 1811:

"If the Override bit is set to 1, the working value is the Override bit value, not the registered value."

* so if I set override bit to "1", all other bits will force to "1"? *

a example in pdf B, page 6. teach me how to set register HDMI_PHY_CKSYTXCTRL(register 0x09) for value 0x800Dh.

why I need set the override bit to "1"? does it also work if I set register 0x09 to 0x000Dh?

any hint or explanation wolud be appreciated, thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are correct,  i do not know why it is in blank that field. But it should be:

"If the Override bit is set to 1, the working value is the Override bit value, not the registered value."

Regarding the PDF B. In my understanding it is the same, to enable the Override bit or setting the register 0x09 to 0x0000Dh.

Saludos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are correct,  i do not know why it is in blank that field. But it should be:

Regarding the PDF B. In my understanding it is the same, to enable the Override bit or setting the register 0x09 to 0x0000Dh.

Saludos

0 Kudos
wallyyeh
Contributor V

thanks, you really saved my day. :smileygrin:

0 Kudos