cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about 16bit YUV422 in i.MX 8QXP

carolyn_zhang
Contributor II

Hi,

My camera output is 16bit YUV422, the code stream format is UYVY. The parallel data is 8 bit, so I had to enable 2-clock/pixel. So, I set mxc_isi_src_formats as

{
  .name  = "YUV16 (X-Y-U-V)",
  .fourcc  = V4L2_PIX_FMT_UYVY,
  .depth  = { 8, 8 },
  .memplanes = 2,
  .colplanes = 2,
 }

However, it looks like the kernel did not support this kind of camera output. Now the picture I got is in green color. And it is useless to change the polarity of HSYNC and VSYNC. I used to change the value of PLM_CTRL, then I could not get display any more.

Could some one give me some advices about this? How could I get the memory address of camera data sent by ISI? I saw 'only support one plane' in function mxc_isi_channel_set_m2m_src_addr, should '2 plane support' be what I need?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

carolyn_zhang
Contributor II

Hi, Igor,

I am confused now. The imx8qxp RM ISI chapter said:

The ISI includes the following features:

• Stream Multiplexing

• Writes YUV planar and semi-planar formats to Memory

• Stream Manipulation Features

• Supported Pixel Formats when storing image into memory
         • YUV444, YUV422, YUV420 (8-bit, 10-bit, 12-bit)

As we know, there are 2 formats for YUV, one is packed, the other is planar. So the YUC planar means there are 3 planes, Y, U, and V. If a driver support one plane only, does it mean that what the driver support is packed?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

eric_ding
Contributor I

I had the same problem. Have you solved it?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carolyn

for testing one can look at camera unit test code

mx8_v4l2_cap_drm.c\mxc_v4l2_test\test - imx-test - i.MX Driver Test Application Software 

mx8_v4l2_cap_drm.c is the camera unit test code, one can capture ISI output image
into a file. Run command: mx8_v4l2_cap_drm -cam 1 -fmt 1 -of

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

carolyn_zhang
Contributor II

Hi, Bert,

The ISI chapter say 'Writes YUV planar and semi-planar formats to Memory'. It looks like my camera output format is YUV semi-planar. My code stream is 8 8 UYVY. In my opinion, semi-planar meets the driver should support 2 planar, but the kernel is only support one planar now. I think that is why I received green image.

Could you please give me some advices? Thanks.

0 Kudos

nxf47746
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The imx8qxp image capture subsystem does not support 16bits per color component.
Please refer to the imx8qxp RM isi chapter.

0 Kudos