cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyr - custom board on mimxrt1060_evk

gronoarona
Contributor II

Hello 
I have problem witch creating custom board based on mimxrt1060_evk.
I do everything like was described in instruction (copy all files to my working_directory/boards/arm/board_name and changed all sample board names).

The application builds but does not link and returns an error: "...  undefined reference to `dcd_data'" 

It seems that creating a border in this way still requires linking sources:
zephyrproject/modules/hal/nxp/mcux/mcux-sdk/boards/evkmimxrt1060

Maybe there is a better, more generic way to do this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

0 Kudos

I have the same issue. Do you have a workaround for this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gronoarona 

Thanks a lot for reaching our technical support. I really appreciate your patience.

Regarding your issue, I would like to help you of course, but my best suggestion is to check with Zephyr forum or technical support on its site, because you will need those linking sources that we do not have.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

gronoarona
Contributor II

Hello. 
I think i found where is the problem.

~/zephyrproject/modules/hal/nxp/mcux/ there is quite a lot of CmakeList files which allow to handle only known dev-boards. 

So if i'm right there are two solution:

1.Fast: Use config of known dev-board and if this don't makes problem leave this. 

2. Slow and need quite wok: Create own board, basing on boards from: ~/zephyrproject/modules/hal/nxp/mcux/mcux-sdk/boards/. 

Please tell me if i'm right and if there is better solution. 

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gronoarona 

Thanks a lot for share your workaround.

I think you are correct, and there's not a better solution, so please, do you think you may mark you answer as solution or this one, please? I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

Yes, I came to the same conclusion as you @gronoarona

Creating a new board folder based on EVK could work from within ~/zephyrproject/modules/hal/nxp/mcux/mcux-sdk/boards/.

I am not sure how we can take it out of the tree for better tracking.

0 Kudos

gronoarona
Contributor II

I am of the opinion that operating on source files provided by the manufacturer is not a good idea.
I think the best idea is to create your own CmakeList file in the custom board directories which will contain all the necessary sources.

0 Kudos