Yocto imx6uls trying to remove built in target compiler..

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto imx6uls trying to remove built in target compiler..

Jump to solution
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

Our customer has decided to move from a 1G nand to a 256M nand part so we're having to remove a lot of unused FS stuff as they require an 80M partition for their own use.. Based on a core-image-minimal we've built it up to include most of what we're after but one thing still needs removing, the built in GCC compiler at   /usr/libexec/gcc/arm-dey-linux-gnueabi/9.2.0/cc1. If we can get rid of this it will save us 12M so it's worth it. Also if anyone has any good reason for it staying please let me know. The product itself is nothing special, it just uses the LAN and a fair chuck of application python.

We've tried install / distro removal of packagegroup-core-buildessential tools-sdk tools-debug dbg-pkgs dev-pkgs etc, still there!

Yocto zeus 5.4 kernel

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Sorted. dev-tools/python-pycparser was pulling it in. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Sorted. dev-tools/python-pycparser was pulling it in. 

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello edwardtyrell,

If you don't need a compiler or a linker it can be removed. All that packages are for building an app.

Regards

0 Kudos
edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Thanks, but now it's a question of how?  As above in my local.conf I've tried a number of approaches but it persists to be there. Something must depend on it but what? It's a core-image-minimal which I thought didn't contain it by default.. 

0 Kudos