Yocto error : sh: no job control in this shell

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto error : sh: no job control in this shell

visparon
Contributor II

I'm getting the error "sh: no job control in this shell" when i run my custom yocto image. I found out after some experiments and test that adding an IMAGE of one of my drivers in the local.conf file is making my image not running.

i added this option to my local.conf

IMAGE_INSTALL += "rtl8192eu"

where rtl8192eu is one of my drivers i need for a custom board.

i searched over the internet and found out what job control is, but i'm not sure how this change is affecting this error and making my image not booteable.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

diwakar2599
Contributor II
For rtl8192eu after build i got the image but ko file is not generated
I flashed the image in nxp board but i got this type of error - 53.892436] usb 1-1.2:Falling back to sysfs fallback for: rtlwifi/rtl81 53.901151] usb 1-1.2: request_firmware (rtlwifi/rtl8192eu_nic.bin) failed

pls help me to slove this issue
0 Kudos

diwakar2599
Contributor II
how to bring up rtl8192eu wifi module on imx8?
0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hector Sanchez,

This error is a bit odd. If this line is all you have changed on the local.conf and it used to work correctly it could be that the statement is having unintended consequences.

It’s always recommended to use IMAGE_INSTALL_append instead so it would look like:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " rtl8192eu"

This way it will just append the full image install list (please start the string with a space as it will be concatenated to the rest of the packages declared for IMAGE_INSTALL). Please try with this format and see if the error continues.

Regards,

0 Kudos