Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto build, libEGL-fb.so for i.MX6UL

Jump to solution
sudomasaaki
Contributor II

Good evening!

I'm kind of stuck, if it's possible would like to clarify and confirm a few points. Let me explain the situation first.

UI engine(storyboard) needs either directfb or gl over fb to run on imx6 board. I did manage to run it on out Ultra Light with directfb but animation was really slow and parts of a terminal were over application window, so I wanted to try an opengl approach. Engine has a lot of runtime libraries, still when I try to run it I get the following message

DIAG [0.096]:Unable to load plugin: /usr/bin/cs/plugins/librender-plugin-opengles_2.0.so Error: /usr/bin/cs/plugins/librender-plugin-opengles_2.0.so: undefined symbol: fbDestroyWindow

Google pointed me to the following header gpu-samples-mx6/eglvivante.h at master · rogeriorps/gpu-samples-mx6 · GitHub 

which, basically, strongly related to Vivanti GPU drivers. If I build a Yocto image with imx-gpu-viv support, there pops up a libGLESv2-fb.so library.

cranksoftware.com • View topic - Storyboard Application is not run on I.MX6 Yocto(Fido) 

Engine does not support X11 and Wayland, and they should be removed from build completely to not interfere with fb, so libGLESv2-fb.so library is the only thing which provides me with needed undefined functions. The problem is - I can't build imx-gpu-viv for imx6ul since it has no GPU.

Long story short: how do I build in Yocto a direct frame buffer driven EGL library for Ultra Light board?

I'm building an fsl-community-bsp with bitbake core-image-directfb, my local.conf in attach.

Thanks in advance, hope you can help me.

Original Attachment has been moved to: local.conf.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sudomasaaki
Contributor II

In the end, I did not find a solution to get a directfb driven EGL driver for UL, as far as I got in my researches - GPU is needed for it. Thread can be closed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Masaaki

I think you should start over and build the image-gui-x11-imx6ul, to get opengl faster animations on your board. 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
sudomasaaki
Contributor II

I would be glad to, but imx6 version of UI engine works only with fb backend. Found the same problem here

How to add framebuffer EGL to console-trdx-image ? - Toradex Community 

and it really is solvable by building imx-gpu-viv, but it works only for imx6 with gpu. We are using the ultra light version, so I wanted to confirm if it's impossible to get libEGL-fb.so for it?

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry I think is going to be possible for MX6UL

0 Kudos
sudomasaaki
Contributor II

In the end, I did not find a solution to get a directfb driven EGL driver for UL, as far as I got in my researches - GPU is needed for it. Thread can be closed.

0 Kudos