Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto build : MACHINE=imx8mqevk is invalid

theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

When following "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide" instructions on how to setup Yocto repo and build an image, after setting up my host machine and trying to build an image, the machine  "imx8mqevk" is not recognized by Yocto as an available machine.

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_4.png

I checked the folder where all the machines are listed and indeed no conf file for imx 8 m SOM. I tried repo sync but still, no update solved the problem. Any clue?

pastedImage_5.png

Thanks,

0 Kudos
6 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what bsp version do you use? did you build successfully before set the build configuration?

0 Kudos

theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

bsprelease i.MX Linux Yocto Project BSP 4.9.88-2.0.0_ga Release

No, I didn't build succesufully beofre setting up this conf.

0 Kudos

bryanthomas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't think 18.04 is support. Please see release notes. Not that this is the issue, but it will lead to a bunch of other issues because of compiler versions.

0 Kudos

bryanthomas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yocto Project Reference Manual 

1.1. Supported Linux Distributions

Currently, the Yocto Project is supported on the following distributions:

Notes

• Yocto Project releases are tested against the stable Linux distributions in the following list. The Yocto Project should work on other distributions but validation is not performed against them.

• In particular, the Yocto Project does not support and currently has no plans to support rolling-releases or development distributions due to their constantly changing nature. We welcome patches and bug reports, but keep in mind that our priority is on the supported platforms listed below.

• The Yocto Project is not compatible with the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). You cannot use a build host that is running WSL.

• If you encounter problems, please go to Yocto Project Bugzilla and submit a bug. We are interested in hearing about your experience. For information on how to submit a bug, see the Yocto Project Bugzilla wiki page and the "Submitting a Defect Against the Yocto Project" section in the Yocto Project Development Tasks Manual.

• Ubuntu 16.04 (LTS)

• Ubuntu 16.10 (LTS)

• Ubuntu 17.04

• Fedora release 26

• CentOS release 7.x

• Debian GNU/Linux 8.x (Jessie)

• Debian GNU/Linux 9.x (Stretch)

• openSUSE 42.1

• openSUSE 42.2

0 Kudos

bryanthomas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

no issue building on 16.04

0 Kudos

theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Will try with 16.04 LTS and keep you inform.

Thanks,

0 Kudos