Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto add DTB to machine

LPs
Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a new dtb to my Yocto machine, adding

KERNEL_DEVICETREE = "imx6sx-sdb.dtb imx6sx-sdb-emmc.dtb imx6sx-sdb-m4.dtb imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb"

The new dtb is imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb

I added my dts file to linux kernel and it compiles well. .dtb is created.

When I try to bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs recipe the do_install step fails with the following error:

NOTE: make -j 4 imx6sx-sdb.dtb

| make[1]: 'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sx-sdb.dtb' is up to date.

| NOTE: make -j 4 imx6sx-sdb-emmc.dtb

| make[1]: 'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sx-sdb-emmc.dtb' is up to date.

| NOTE: make -j 4 imx6sx-sdb-m4.dtb

| make[1]: 'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sx-sdb-m4.dtb' is up to date.

| NOTE: make -j 4 imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb

| make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb'.  Stop.

| /home/luca/progetti/claypaky/workspace_Yocto/NPE_Yocto_BSP/workbuild_NPE_Minimal/tmp/work/imx6sxclaypakynpe-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/git/arch/arm/Makefile:312: recipe for target 'imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb' failed

| make: *** [imx6sx-sdb-pf3000-ldo.dtb] Error 2

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_install (log file is located at /home/luca/progetti/claypaky/workspace_Yocto/NPE_Yocto_BSP/workbuild_NPE_Minimal/tmp/work/imx6sxclaypakynpe-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/temp/log.do_install.3106)

ERROR: Task 71 (/home/luca/progetti/claypaky/workspace_Yocto/NPE_Yocto_BSP/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_3.14.28.bb, do_install) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1325 tasks of which 1314 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

What I'm doing wrong?

Labels (4)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For me it looks like the kernel recipe is not updated when it is used during mfgtools image.

Can you, please, share how did you add the .dts file to the kernel?

0 Kudos