Yocto HOB configuration issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto HOB configuration issue

sumanranjan
Contributor III

We are using Yocto build system for IMX6 platform. We want to use HOB for package selection or removal. Host system is Ubuntu 12.04.

In the HOB user interface, We selectedimx6qsabresd’ as machine type and ‘core-image-base’ as the base image type. After that if we select 'edit image' and try to add ‘gpu-viv-bin-mx6q’ as it is not part of ‘core-image-base’ then HOB throws below error.

../fsl-community-bsp/build$ hob

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/vivek/magik2/svn/trunk/i.MX6/linux/yocto/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/ui/hob.py", line 57, in event_handle_idle_func

hobHandler.handle_event(event)

File "/home/vivek/magik2/svn/trunk/i.MX6/linux/yocto/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/ui/crumbs/hobeventhandler.py", line 253, in handle_event

self.run_next_command()

File "/home/vivek/magik2/svn/trunk/i.MX6/linux/yocto/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/ui/crumbs/hobeventhandler.py", line 180, in run_next_command

targets[0] += version

TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

^CTraceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/vivek/magik2/svn/trunk/i.MX6/linux/yocto/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 275, in <module>

ret = main()

File "/home/vivek/magik2/svn/trunk/i.MX6/linux/yocto/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 264, in main

return server.launchUI(ui_main, server_connection.connection, server_connection.events)

File "/home/vivek/magik2/svn/trunk/i.MX6/linux/yocto/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/server/process.py", line 269, in launchUI

return uifunc(*args)

File "/home/vivek/magik2/svn/trunk/i.MX6/linux/yocto/fsl-community-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/ui/hob.py", line 78, in main

gtk.main()

Any idea what is causing above error ?

~Suman

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Suman

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Suman

It is a bug for Yocto on iMX6Q board and i have faced with the same defect also! In my opinion, now there are no better solution for this problem. I hope that Yocto 1.6 for freescale bsp will resolve it. As a workaround, you can use bitbake -c CMD(deploy) instead of  graphic interface as many engineers do. In addition, Yocto 1.6 for iMX6Q should be released in following months.

0 Kudos

sumanranjan
Contributor III

Thanks Tao for your reply.

I have started using bitbake commands for yocto build since I could not work around the issue.

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Suman

Is your bitbake command good? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

ed_martinez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did anybody answer this question? I ran into the same problem and I was about to edit the image and add 'gpu-viv-bin-mx6q' until  saw your results ...

-Ed

0 Kudos