次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Yocto Fido Supported BSP vs Community BSP

803件の閲覧回数
adrianmcgrath
Contributor III

Hello all

Huge apologies if this question has been asked before.

Would anyone be able to tell me the specific differences between the Yocto Fido Supported BSP and the Yocto Fido Community BSP? The architecture being used is IMX6Q.

The reason for my query is as follows:

I have ported fsl-image-gui.bb from the supported BSP to the community BSP. Both BSP versions use Kernel 3.14.28 however the community BSP has the advantage of a newer U-Boot v2015.04 vs v2014.04. Both versions of BSP build the fsl-image-gui SDcard images without incident or complaint.

Now the interesting observation: the supported BSP version of fsl-image-gui will run on all my custom boards. However the community BSP version will stop at the "Starting kernel ..." message on some custom boards but not others.

I've done a compare between the two BSPs and there are a lot of differences.

What specifically could cause the issue identified above?

Many thanks in advance

0 件の賞賛
2 返答(返信)

578件の閲覧回数
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Adrian,

The Official Release BSP is intended to provide a static base for NXP to test and validate the BSP modules in the NXP evaluation boards and it is developed internally by NXP. The set of supported boards vary from release to release and is listed in the Release Notes for the respective version.

The Community BSP is a reference system that can be used as a base for products and is an open project that accepts contribution from the community. It supports a wide range of board which goes from NXP evaluation boards and 3rd party boards. The code is a “moving target” so there are updates on top of the source code released, such as addition of new features and inclusion of bug fixes.

For more details, please refer to the following thread:

difference between Yocto Community BSP and Freescale BSP Release

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛

578件の閲覧回数
adrianmcgrath
Contributor III

Hi Carlos

Many thanks for the information and the link. If I've interpreted the link information correctly i.e. the community BSP is a rolling target based on the supported BSP, then it appears that a bug fix, software interaction or other update to the Community BSP is causing my Kernel to halt during boot.

I'll keep you posted ...

Update on current status:

Comparing the boot logs of working and non-working builds (with as much debug being pumped out as possible) something occurs between an I2C driver being registered and the SCSI subsystem being initialized. I don't see the SCSI subsystem initialization message before the output stops.

0 件の賞賛