Yocto Eclipse Setup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto Eclipse Setup

MichaelBMiner
Contributor IV

I need help setting up my eclipse environment to build code against the SDK I created. Here is what I have done. 

1. Created a Yocto build, placed this image onto a device and ensured it booted
  2. Run the bitbake populate_sdk command
  3. Copied the SDK.sh file and run it in /opt on my host machine
  4. Downloaded Eclipse 2021-12
  5. Created a new hello world application using the cross gcc compiler
  6. Attached a text file to this case showing the tree output in my opt folder
  7. Followed this tutorial to point eclipse to the SDK 

Now here is where I have problems. 

When I build the program (attached below) I get the error that 

gnu/stubs-soft.h no such file or directory

I understand that adding -mfloat-abi=hard is supposed to solve this issue. Placing this after my GCC command in the eclipse compiler settings gives me a new error that my device does not have an FPU. I am then told my build is incomplete. 

Other posts said to run the source command on the environment setup file that is included. Running this command followed by echo $CC I see the output.

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7 -fstack-protector-strong -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Wformat-security -Werror=format-security --sysroot=/opt/fsl-imx-wayland/5.10-hardknott/sysroots/cortexa7t2hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

This looks like what I need in eclipse. How can I configure eclipse to properly build my small program?

After running the source environment setup command I can then run 

$CC test.c 

This successfully compiles my code. However eclipse can not figure this out. 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

josephzhou1
Contributor V

thank you for your reply.

but i understand that from Release 2.7(warrior), Support for the Eclipse IDE has been removed. Support continues for those releases prior to 2.7 that did include support. The 2.7 release does not include the Eclipse Yocto plugin.

and also no support =/= no functional , i just use this plug-in into my latest YP3.3  imx BSP L5.10.35 still working very well. 

thanks all 

Best Regards,
Joseph Zhou Jianhui / Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Singapore
0 Kudos

josephzhou1
Contributor V

hi i saw yours steps 1-4 quick ok, but once u bitbake yours own toolchains u no need go the way u mentioned in the points 7 lah 

try just installed yocto plug-in  into Eclipse IDe then shld be ok , felowed this 

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.5.2/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#sdk-eclipse-project

if then you can Create  a Yocto ProjectSDK autotools project / Hello World ANSI C autotools  Project  then shld be ok 

thanks 

Best Regards,
Joseph Zhou Jianhui / Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Singapore

stevenmichel
Contributor II

yocto stopped supporting eclipse plugin in 2.7

0 Kudos