Yocto Build - Layer 'freescale-extra' depends on layer 'fsl'

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto Build - Layer 'freescale-extra' depends on layer 'fsl'

PaulDeMetrotion
Senior Contributor I

I am attempting to do something that I thought would be very easy but I cannot do any kind of build with bitbake. I have followed the instructions found in Document FTF-DES-F1189. I ran the following but got the error shown. Any ideas where this 'fsl' is?

$ MACHINE=imx6qsabresd DISTRO=poky source fsl-setup-env -b build

$ bitbake core-image-minimal

ERROR: Layer 'freescale-extra' depends on layer 'fsl', but this layer is not enabled in your configuration

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Paul DeMetrotion,

I would check that the ACCEPT_FSL_EULA is set to “1” on the conf/local.conf file (inside the build directory).

I’m assuming from the document you’re referencing that you are using the 314.28 BSP release. If that is the case and you continue having problems I would recommend using the official Linux Documentation and follow those steps (link below, please note that you may need to login in order to download this documentation bunle)

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.14.28_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&location=null&fpsp=1&WT_...

Please follow the steps on the Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide.

$ mkdir fsl-release-bsp

$ cd fsl-release-bsp

$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.14.28-1.0.0_ga

$ repo sync

$ MACHINE=<machine name> source fsl-setup-release.sh -b <build dir>

This would initialize for your board and then you should be able to bake the desired image.

0 Kudos