Yocto 2.3 and Weston 2.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yocto 2.3 and Weston 2.0

Maddis
Contributor IV

Yocto 2.3 uses Weston 2.0 by default, but for iMX6 it uses Weston 1.11.0. The reason for this is that Weston 2.0 has dropped EGL support from FBDev and iMX6 graphics drivers uses FBDev/EGL.

Are there any plans on making graphics driver for iMX6 that work with Weston 2.0 and when that would happen?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi mc.

GPU driver for i,Mx6 will continue supporting FBDEV-EGL, There is a plan to create a patch for weston 2.0 to be supported in next BSPs. So far there is no any specific date to be release.

If you are on a rush to support Weston 2.0 on MX6,  I suggest to apply to extended support using NXP Professional Services:

http://www.nxp.com/support/nxp-professional-services:PROFESSIONAL-SERVICE

Regards

0 Kudos

chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It will be updated to weston 2.0 from weston 1.11 in the future, but, no specified date,  we have internal patch to update it.  Just take if from mScale release.  for imx8, it is already weton 2.0

User can take the patch and build weston and update it themselves

0 Kudos

Maddis
Contributor IV

Where I can find this mScale release?

0 Kudos

chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can download our release from nxp website. 

when building yocto, you can see this recipe in sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-graphics/wayland/weston_2.0.0.bb  for weston 2.0 recipe

0 Kudos

Maddis
Contributor IV

Despite my best effort, I couldn't find release that would contain weston_2.0.0.bb - file. I even went straight to git.freescale.com, but still couldn't find release with that file.

Could you give me direct link or some instructions what file/release to actually download?

0 Kudos

chingling_wang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

https://www.nxp.com/pages/alpha-beta-bsps-for-microprocessors:IMXPRERELEASES?

Alpha / Beta BSPs for Microprocessors|NXP

www.nxp.com

SDK for i.MX Windows installer - SDK2.2 for the IMX7ULP1 Cortex-M4 Beta; IAR and Segger tool patch to support i.MX7ULP1; Utility to create boot image on i.MX7ULP1 ...

0 Kudos