Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xen hypervisor

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

We are working on validate xen with 8qm Mek facing below issues

1. DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " xen"
made changes in the local.config to enable xen but could not find spl-imx8qm-xen.bin, rootfs.sdcard and u-boot-imx8qm-xen-dom0.imx are not generated

2. sudo dd if=fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8qxpc0mek.sdcard of=/dev/sdb bs=1M status=progress
we used this command to copy to sdcard to create partition and copy the images.

3. while we stop at bootloader and give the command " run xenmmcboot " we are getting the following error
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
=> run xenmmcboot
136190 bytes read in 9 ms (14.4 MiB/s)
106496 bytes read in 7 ms (14.5 MiB/s)
Loading hdp firmware from 0x000000009c000000 offset 0x0000000000002000
Loading hdp firmware Complete
28013056 bytes read in 136 ms (196.4 MiB/s)
Bad Linux ARM64 Image magic!
=>
Can you let us know how to do the three partition for xen on sd card , and build the rootfs.sdcard image
how to make sure xen is enabled or not

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which bsp are you using?

0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

thanks nxf65025 for the response. we tried recent 5.10.72 as well as older release too. Is xen supported by the prebuilt binaries from NXP? We are seeing three partitions need to be created with 1 FAT and remaining two for the respective OS but guides doesnt have those steps mentioned. pls suggest

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

albfon
Contributor II

Hi vinothkumars,

Did you have any sucess on this? I have started to test xen on imx8QM and I've got stuck more or less at the same points than you. I'm using Linux 5.10.52 because is the last one whose documentation mention about xen virtualization. From that one on, NXP doc just mention jailhouse. Anyways I wasn't sucesfull by testing this.

Did you make any progress?

Regards,

0 Kudos

Chandrakanth_S_O
Contributor I

Hi @albfon,

I too have same problem with Xen. I received reply from nxp regarding xen that it doesn't work with 5.0, 5.4 and 5.10. they asked me to migrate to 5.15 or stay in 4.14. Let me know if you get Xen working.

regards, 

0 Kudos

Peng_Fan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

5.15 not have xen support.

Kernel & Virtualization Engineer
0 Kudos

albfon
Contributor II

Hi  @Chandrakanth_S_O 

Finally I've got it working on 5.4.70. Unfortunatelly I didn't get any response from NXP. I've started to go back in versions and also inspecting the imx-xen code belonging to each of those versions, and finally I've got 5.4.70 working with a Dom0 and DomU. So far just statarted two Qt basic aplications on each running Linux to test if both displays (one for each Linux are running) and indeed they are. My next step will be to use the can interface directly in Linux in Dom=, because I think currently it is asigned to the M4. So I could say I was sucess in the basic demo with Xen.

0 Kudos

swapna
Contributor I
Hi @albfon
what is the bitbake command you gave after enabling xen and what all images are generated.
Can you please elaborate little more on the build and flash procedure please
0 Kudos