cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xen Hypervisor Multiple Images loading is not working

mallibeerala
Contributor III

Dear NXP Team,

I am working on xen hypervisor, for that I downloaded "L_VIRT_4.14.98_2.0.0_4.11_0.10_ga_images_MX8QMMEK" Image from NXP site, and it is working fine and I am able connect to DomU console by using xl console DomU. 

Now I loaded LF_v5.10_2.0.0_images_IMX8QMMEK Image in partition 5 and partition 6(extended partition) of same SD card and I am trying to connect  to LF_v5.10_2.0.0_images_IMX8QMMEK Image using command xl console Domu, now bootup is happening but Image not loaded fully, Please find the attached document for Issue.

Please help me to resolve this Issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Mallikarjuna B.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Ranadip
Contributor II

Hello @mallibeerala,

I am also trying to bring up similar thing.

Can you let me know from where do you get "L_VIRT_4.14.98_2.0.0_4.11_0.10_ga_images_MX8QMMEK.zip"? I am unable to locate it.

Regards,

Ranadip

0 Kudos

mallibeerala
Contributor III
0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello malibeerala,

The issue is not with XEN is in fact with the OS that you have At boot, the kernel waits for mouse movements to initialize the random number generator.
Kernel messages on boot: crng init generator, you can burn again the SD for see if this happens, if happens try to fix for the external processor with installing the haveged and enable the systemctl enable haveged.

Regards

0 Kudos

mallibeerala
Contributor III

Hi Bio_TICFSL,

I think question is misunderstood.

1. I want to use DOM0 as L_VIRT_4.14.98_2.0.0_4.11_0.10_ga_images_MX8QMMEK and DOMU as LF_v5.10_2.0.0_images_IMX8QMMEK.

2. SD card have 6 partitions, DOM0 kernel, DTB files available in partition 0 and rootfs is available in partition 2.

DOMU kernel, DTB files available in partition 5 and rootfs is available in partition 6.

3. We are using common uboot of "L_VIRT_4.14.98_2.0.0_4.11_0.10_ga_images_MX8QMMEK" for loading DOMU.

4. We have separately tested L_VIRT_4.14.98_2.0.0_4.11_0.10_ga_images_MX8QMMEK, LF_v5.10_2.0.0_images_IMX8QMMEK then it is working fine.

Query: To create multiple OS partition using xen, we are using to different kernel to replicate the same and we used uboot belongs to L_VIRT_4.14.98_2.0.0_4.11_0.10_ga_images_MX8QMMEK.

DOM0 is up and running, created DOMU guest but DOM0 is failing to load DOMU, please suggest how to load DOMU from DOM0. Is there any boot parameters required to load DOMU.

we are not using any mouse or monitor.

Please find the attached log file.

Thanks & Regards,
Mallikarjuna B

0 Kudos

mallibeerala
Contributor III

Hi Bio_TICFSL,

Is there any other way to try loading of multiple OS Images using xen, then I will try that procedure. Please help us we are stuck here.

0 Kudos