cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xen Fails to Create DomU on iMX8QM

nevozade
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am trying to work with Xen hypervisor on the iMX8QuadMax platform. I built my Yocto project by following the i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide section 5.6.11 with adding xen into the local.conf file. Then, I created 3 partitions: The first one is FAT which holds Xen, image and dtb files. The others hold Yocto rootfs files. In the U-boot stage, I boot Xen with 'run xenmmcboot' command and the booting performs successfully. Also, when I run 'xl list' command, I can see the Domanin-0 has started. (xl list and xl info logs are attached.)

After that, I started to follow the i.MX Linux® User's Guide (IMXLUG) section 12.4 to boot multiple OS. In the first step:

1) I unmounted the /dev/mmcblk1p3

2) insmod /lib/modules/5.4.70-2.3.0/kernel/drivers/block/xen-blkback/xen-blkback.ko

3) xl create /etc/xen/domu-imx8qm-mek.cfg

However, first 2 steps performs without any log (I assume that they works), but the xl create command logs some error as given below:

root@imx8qmmek:~# xl create /etc/xen/domu-imx8qm-mek.cfg
Parsing config from /etc/xen/domu-imx8qm-mek.cfg
libxl: info: libxl_create.c:119:libxl__domain_build_info_setdefault: qemu-xen is unavailable, using qemu-xen-traditional instead: No such file or directory
(XEN) Power on resource 215
libxl: error: libxl_arm.c:902:copy_partial_fdt: Can't copy the node "/passthrough" from the partial FDT
libxl: error: libxl_arm.c:902:copy_partial_fdt: Can't copy the node "/passthrough" from the partial FDT
libxl: error: libxl_arm.c:934:copy_partial_fdt: Can't copy the node /bus@56000000 from the partial FDT
libxl: error: libxl_arm.c:934:copy_partial_fdt: Can't copy the node /bus@5a000000 from the partial FDT
xc: error: panic: xc_dom_boot.c:120: xc_dom_boot_mem_init: can't allocate low memory for domain: Out of memory
libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:762:libxl__build_dom: xc_dom_boot_mem_init failed: Cannot allocate memory
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1420:domcreate_rebuild_done: Domain 1:cannot (re-)build domain: -3
(XEN) let's shutdown the domain resources
(XEN) partition id 4; domain_id 1
(XEN) off partition 4 err 3
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:1177:libxl__destroy_domid: Domain 1:Non-existant domain
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:1131:domain_destroy_callback: Domain 1:Unable to destroy guest
libxl: error: libxl_domain.c:1058:domain_destroy_cb: Domain 1:Destruction of domain failed

I attached the 'xl list', 'xl info' and the error message that is faced when I tried to create domu. I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.

Regards.

1 Reply

swapna
Contributor I

Hi,

Request you to help us with below details as we are also trying to launch xen on imx8qxpc0mek

which IMX release used ? and image name (that is used to bitbake) and any modifications to the default sources you did it ?

0 Kudos