Windows 7 and imx25pdk - usb issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 and imx25pdk - usb issues

Don_ng
Contributor I

Has anyone been able to use the imx25pdk with windows 7 (64bit) ?  In particular, the ATK tool to program the pdk over usb ? (Serial works, but takes hours to get the filesystem on the pdk, where usb is just minutes) 

It (eg ATK)  works fine with XP (32 bit), but they gave me a new computer at work with Windows7 (64 bit) and I can't get the ATK to recognize the board now.  I followed the instructions in the release notes and user guide and installed the usb drivers, but its still not recognized.  Anyone else seen this,  and know how to work around it ?  Same issue with the Mfgtool program, but I'm not exactly surprised about that.  Last time I spoke with our Freescale rep, the imx25 wasn't supported by the Mfgtool, but was "planned".

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

rajansoma
Contributor I

Our problem is we are unable to work with cases  of

When F=372 and D2 or 4 in SIM interface for imx258

Can we achieve this by programming Divisor Reg as show in above.

If it is failing can we know the reason?  If we can achieve this by DIVISOR Reg we can save extra controller cost

0 Kudos

FlorentAuger
Contributor V

Sorry for the inconvenience, that works now. I wouldn't be surprised that rar or tar.gz would create issues.

0 Kudos

andrew_questps
Contributor III

Hmmm, got the same result again. 3rd time lucky, maybe it didn't like the rar....

Edit: That worked, it really didn't like having a rar file for some reason.

0 Kudos

philmac
Contributor I

looking for a solution to run ATK on 64 bit windows.  I found this thread and the source code for your driver.  Not sure how to get from the source code to the LibUSBDotNet driver as a complete installer.

Thanks

0 Kudos

andrew_questps
Contributor III

Try again.

0 Kudos

FlorentAuger
Contributor V

Thanks for sharing. I don't know what went wrong, but the file can't be downloaded, there's a denied access. Do you mind re-posting it please?

0 Kudos

andrew_questps
Contributor III

Should always compile the code before posting to make sure it works! I had an unsaved file in the project....

0 Kudos

andrew_questps
Contributor III

I've attached my windows version of the usb driver. I installed LibUsbDotNet as it also provides the libusb-win32 package which is the usb driver I use to talk to the imx25. I think that once libusbdotnet is installed under the libusb-win32 directory in the installation directory there is a install-filter-win.exe that you need to run once the imx is connected and in load mode, then you can install a filter for the device so you can communicate with it.

The linux project I haven't cleaned up in a while so I'm not going to post it, but it is the same interface, it's just the build process (Makefile) and linker stuff are all the main changes as I only have a console app for linux. Libusb is so easy to install and use on Ubuntu compared to Win7, no configuration needed! Although finding the correct imx is a different story.

Good thing about this is I can still use the manufacturing tool or the atk tool on the one Win7 x64 machine. Works in VMs as well.

0 Kudos

FlorentAuger
Contributor V

Hello Andre

If you would agree, that's the kind of enhancement that could help others. So, feel free to share :-)

Thanks for the community

0 Kudos

andrew_questps
Contributor III

The atk tool doesn't have 64-bit drivers, which will be the problem you are seeing. The manufacturing tool has 32 and 64-bit drivers, and the latest WinCE bsps have an example iMX25 UUT project for using creating the image required for the manufacturing tool.

Personally I re-wrote the usb layer for the atk-tool using libusb on both linux and windows which works fine for x64 as well as x86 as it annoyed me that my development machine couldn't program my units.

0 Kudos

MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

We have tried to connect USB in our own i.mx258 board to windows 7, but could not connect, then asked to the Freescale, they suggest us to connect to a PC with XP. Then we have able to connected the USB to the ATK with PC(XP). May be the boot code in the i.mx258 is compatible with only XP?

Regards.

Mehmet Ali Ipin

0 Kudos

FlorentAuger
Contributor V

ATK were designed for WinXP, but the emulator in Win7 should do the trick: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

0 Kudos

Frias
Contributor V

Hello Don,

Please check the mfg tool group:

http://imxcommunity.org/group/manufacturing-tool-mfgtool

There is a release for i.MX25 posted there.

Hope this helps.

Renato

0 Kudos