Windows 10 IoT Enterprise for i.MX Driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise for i.MX Driver

okuda
Contributor III

I created a driver development environment according to the description in i.MX_Win10_User's_Guide.pdf.

I built it without modifying the source, but the following error occurs.
(However, the OS part provided by Microsoft is not installed in the environment.)

1.Is there something wrong with the procedure when creating the environment?
2.What can I do to resolve this error?

The attached image is a capture of the ErrorList tab.
The following message is a cutout of the message output to the Output tab.

7>The following certificate was selected:
7> Issued to: Windows OEM HAL Extension Test Cert 2017 (TEST ONLY)
7>
7> Issued by: Windows OEM Intermediate 2017 (TEST ONLY)
7>
7> Expires: Mon Mar 27 15:25:16 2023
7>
7> SHA1 hash: BF48806CBDD77D6E6C5DE54050C5D40A10641F33
7>
7>
7>Done Adding Additional Store
7>
7>Number of files successfully Signed: 0
7>
7>Number of warnings: 0
7>
7>Number of errors: 1
7>
7>EXEC : SignTool error : The signer's certificate is not valid for signing.
7>EXEC : SignTool error : An error occurred while attempting to sign: C:\win10-iot-bsp\imx-windows-iot\build\solution\iMXPlatform\Build\ARM64\Release\HalExtiMXDma\HalExtiMXDma.dll
7>
7>signtool.exe : fatal error : Signing failed with 1 on -hal C:\win10-iot-bsp\imx-windows-iot\build\solution\iMXPlatform\Build\ARM64\Release\HalExtiMXDma\HalExtiMXDma.dll
7>Sign.Cmd RC=1
7>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(255,5): error MSB3073: The command "set PATH=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Microsoft Application Virtualization\Sequencer\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\okuda\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\tools\bin\i386\
7>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(255,5): error MSB3073: set SIGN_OEM=1
7>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(255,5): error MSB3073: set SIGN_WITH_TIMESTAMP=0
7>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(255,5): error MSB3073: set TIMESERVER=/t http://timestamp.digicert.com/
7>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(255,5): error MSB3073: sign -hal C:\win10-iot-bsp\imx-windows-iot\build\solution\iMXPlatform\Build\ARM64\Release\HalExtiMXDma\HalExtiMXDma.dll
7>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(255,5): error MSB3073: :VCEnd" exited with code 1.
7>Done building project "HalExtiMXDma.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

11 Replies

wangbo351
Contributor I

windows OEM intermediate 2007 (TEST ONLY )  with WDK 2004 ,active time  2017-2-2 --- 2022-2-7 ... EWDK_ni_release_22621_220506-1250.iso  , Windows Kits\10\Tools\certificates ,active time   2022-1-7 ------2037-1-7 ....document need update ,point out this issue .

add EWDK22621 certificates files . and  setup step follow : Set up the signing environment (Windows Drivers) | Microsoft Learn

copy file to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\tools\certificates ,  run "%WPDKCONTENTROOT%\tools\bin\i386\InstallOEMCerts.cmd" . 

run Certmgr.msc , check OEM_Intermediate_Cert_2017.cer  active time. 

WIN10_1.2.0_SOURCE  have same issue . 

0 Kudos

okuda
Contributor III

Hello wangbo351.

Thank you for the information.

I will check it in my build environment.

Best regards,
Koji Okuda

0 Kudos

michal_hromadka
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @okuda,

Yes, this is the right file. You can install certificates by double click to files OEM_HAL_Extension_Test_Cert_2017.cer and OEM_Intermediate_Cert_2017.cer. Then click to button "Install Certificate..." in marker General and go through Certificate Import Wizard with default settings. Successful instalations ends with pop up window "The import was successful".

Regards, 

Michal

0 Kudos

okuda
Contributor III

Dear Michal,

I installed the two files using the method you taught me.
The attached image is a capture of a series of flows.
The attached image is a capture of a series of flows when OEM_HAL_Extension_Test_Cert_2017 is installed.
(OEM_HAL_Extension_Test_Cert_2017_1.png~OEM_HAL_Extension_Test_Cert_2017_4.png)
OEM_Intermediate_Cert_2017 was the same.
OEM_HAL_Extension_Test_Cert_2017_5.png:Completion Window display
OEM_HAL_Extension_Test_Cert_2017_6.png:Screen equivalent to OEM_HAL_Extension_Test_Cert_2017_1.png
(Since I could only attach MAX5 files, I omitted 2 files.)

The options are specified as shown in the red frame of the attached image.
(When I closed the completion window, it returned to the original screen as in OEM_HAL_Extension_Test_Cert_2017_6.)

After installation, restart Windows 10, open VS2017 and build the driver, the attached image is ERROR_LOG.png.
The error has not improved.

What is the cause?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Koji Okuda.

0 Kudos

michal_hromadka
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @okuda ,

did you run Visual studio "as administrator" ?

Regards,

Michal

0 Kudos

okuda
Contributor III

Dear Michal,

I recreated the development environment from the beginning, installed it as you told me, and built it with VS2017 started with administrator privileges, but an error occurred.

As you can see by referring to the attached image, you have administrator privileges as shown in the red frame.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Koji Okuda.

0 Kudos

michal_hromadka
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @okuda ,

Try to take cerificate files from EWDK.iso (OEM_HAL_Extension_Test_Cert_2017 and OEM_Intermediate_Cert_2017) and copy them to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\tools\certificates

Then go to imx-windows-iot\build\tools and run SetupCertificate.bat

Regards, 

Michal

0 Kudos

okuda
Contributor III

Hello Michal

I haven't been able to confirm the operation with the method you taught me, but the error no longer occurs with the following procedure.

1.Install OEM_HAL_Extention_Test_Cert_2017.cer with default settings.
 2.Import OEM_HAL_Extention_Test_Cert_2017.pfx with default settings.
 3.Install OEM_Intermediate_Cert_2017.cer with default settings.
 4.Import OEM_Intermediate_Cert_2017.pfx with default settings.

Regards, 
Koji Okuda

0 Kudos

okuda
Contributor III

Dear Michal,

I was doing other work and destroyed the environment.
Recreate the environment from the beginning again and confirm that you have been taught.

I will reply as soon as I can confirm it.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Koji Okuda.

0 Kudos

michal_hromadka
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @okuda ,

In i.MX_Win10_Release_Notes.pdf (in BSP zip file) is described workaround to HAL driver cert issue. 

In short: 

0 Kudos

okuda
Contributor III

Dear Michal,

I was able to download "EWDK_ni_release_22621_220506-1250.iso" from the URL you gave me.
If you mount the iso file and refer to the folder you were told, it looks like the attached image.

1.Is this the EDWK.iso file you taught me?

2.Does installing two files mean copying the two files in the attached image to
   the C: \Program Files (x86) \Windows Kits\10\tools\certificates folder on your development PC?

3.If the method of item 2 is wrong, how should I install it?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Koji Okuda.

0 Kudos