cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 IoT : Amount of RAM usable in 8MPLUSLPD4-EVK

Jump to solution
hiron
Contributor II

I am now evaluating Windows 10 IoT W1.1.0, 6/2022 BSP release and successfully bring up the Windows 10 IoT GUI using 8MPLUSLPD4-EVK.

My question is for amount of RAM recognized and usable. In Performance tab of task manager states there's 6GB of RAM recognized, but total 2.7 GB of RAM appears usable.

Is this the limitation for current W1.1.0 BSP release? Or is there any easy means to utilize full of installed RAM?

Thanks,

PLUS_DESKTOP_memory.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello hiron,

The Win10IoT just work with 3 GB ram, this a defect in WinIot sorry, you have to wait until next relase appears.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChrisChang1234
Contributor III

Hi:

I'm using BSP 1.4.1 for a 8GB-DDR board.

And the problem is still there.

How to fix it?

0 Kudos
hiron
Contributor II

OK I understand.

I will check next BSP release, may be in September timeframe, thanks!

0 Kudos
anthonychen-msft
Contributor I

There's a HW bug in the USB controller on the 8M Plus that causes issues for the Windows IoT OS when more than 3GB of RAM is enabled. There's a workaround to this issue being made in the Windows IoT OS which will be available in an upcoming Windows IoT OS update. Once this OS update is available, we'll have the user guide and default scripts updated to use all 6GB instead of limiting to 3GB. 

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello hiron,

The Win10IoT just work with 3 GB ram, this a defect in WinIot sorry, you have to wait until next relase appears.

Regards

0 Kudos
Alex_Chang_633
Contributor III

Hi @Bio_TICFSL ,

Does this problem still exist in W21H2-1-5-0-imx-windows-bsp-binaries.zip?

When we boot up i.MX8M Quad EVK, we can see DRAM: 4 GiB in the U-Boot debug log.

But when we boot up into Microsoft Windows 10 21H2 LTSC 64-bit operating system, the installed physical memor only has 3 GB.

We would like to know, is our problem the same with this article?

Thanks for you and NXP Teams help.

0 Kudos