Will i.MX8M Quad EVK MIPI DSI interface supported on Win10 IoT in further BSP version ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will i.MX8M Quad EVK MIPI DSI interface supported on Win10 IoT in further BSP version ?

james_lin
Contributor II

Hi teams

According to the feature of display interface revealed in Windows 10 IoT release notes,  i.MX8M Quad EVK only support HDMI in BSP 1.5.0 version. 

james_lin_0-1715838175257.png

1. Will i.MX8M Quad EVK MIPI DSI interface supported on Win10 IoT in further BSP version ?

2. If we plan to implement this functionality ourself by reference the source code from supported EVK, are there any known limitations or obstacles?

Thanks for help
James

0 Kudos
7 Replies

james_lin
Contributor II

Hi joanxie

Please help answer the following questions, thank you.

Could you provide the models of MIPI interface panel currently supported for Nano, Plus, Mini EVK?

James

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

here is some info we were able to obtain:  there are two ways to do this, one is to connect DCSS and MIPI (and HDMI won't be usable), or LCDIF and MIPI (with possibility of having two displays) - image: We think that currently better option would be to use DCSS, deriving fom Linux driver. MIPI should be similar to QXP which already has a Windows driver, there are some MQ specific points that would need to be set up for the board: MUX switch support   MIPI controller reset clock mini-driver for MQ. 

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

got reply:

"we are currently compiling the things you requested as well as some info on how to proceed. Could take more time, but we are working on it, so you have all the information you need. "

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

got reply from IOT team:

"there is currently no support for MIPI-DSI on MX8MQ board, and there is no plan to support it in the future. The basis for drivers is most of the time derived from available linux drivers. Let me know if you need more information."

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

let me confirm this and tell you later

0 Kudos

james_lin
Contributor II
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Are there any updates for this?

James
0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

not yet, if I get any update, I will let you know it ASAP

0 Kudos