Will I.MX8MPlus board work as node or router or both in a network?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I.MX8MPlus board work as node or router or both in a network?

Jump to solution
jyopal2696
Contributor I

I am trying to make local network using node(MIMXRT1170) and switch(LS1028A). I also have I.MX8MPlus board but what exactly it can be used for. Can it be used as bridge/router between two networks? Or is it also a node just like MIMXRT1170?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Based on the i.MX 8M Plus Reference Manual section 11.6 Ethernet MAC:

"The MAC operation is fully programmable and can be used in Network Interface Card (NIC), bridging, or switching applications. The core implements the remote network monitoring (RMON) counters according to IETF RFC 2819."

You can configure i.MX 8M Plus as a bridge and also you can implement the "Real-Time Edge Software" which is a user-space software to configure TSN Networking.
This is a link with the information related to Real-Time Networking: Real-Time Edge Software | NXP Semiconductors.

I hope this information will be helpful.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Based on the i.MX 8M Plus Reference Manual section 11.6 Ethernet MAC:

"The MAC operation is fully programmable and can be used in Network Interface Card (NIC), bridging, or switching applications. The core implements the remote network monitoring (RMON) counters according to IETF RFC 2819."

You can configure i.MX 8M Plus as a bridge and also you can implement the "Real-Time Edge Software" which is a user-space software to configure TSN Networking.
This is a link with the information related to Real-Time Networking: Real-Time Edge Software | NXP Semiconductors.

I hope this information will be helpful.