Will BSP support for Android Pie on iMX6 be available in the future

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will BSP support for Android Pie on iMX6 be available in the future

keithrobinson
Contributor I

I can find a BSP for Android Pie on iMX8 but not for iMX6. Are there any plans to make Android Pie available for iMX6?

Thanks,

Keith Robinson 

7 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Keith Robinson,

There is not a roadmap for Android Pie on the i.MX6. The latest release for i.MX6 is the Android Oreo BSP.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

saisuryamani199
Contributor I

Thanks. gusarambula‌ & keithrobinson

I have a follow-up question: Does iMX6 supports Android Pie (9.0) or not. can we expect the release for future.

Thanks,

Mani

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mani,

The i.MX6 Android BSP does not support Android Pie and as of today there are no plans to release an Android Pie BSP for the i.MX6. The latest release was Oreo.

Regards,

0 Kudos

affable58
Contributor I

Hi Gusarambula,

I am currently working on porting Pie for i.MX6 (Nitrogen 6x board).

As you mentioned above i.MX6 Android BSP does not support Android Pie, may I know 

1) Is the board compatible for Android Pie?

2) If yes then why is it being not supported for Android Pie by NXP as of now.

Regards,

Abrar

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Affable Aff,

BSP P9.0.0_2.2.0 was release a few weeks ago, adding support for i.MX6 and i.MX7 boards, you can find more details on what boards are supported in this release on the BSP documentation (link below, you may need to login to download this file)

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/android_p9.0.0_2.2.0-ga_docs.zip

Please keep in mind that the Nitrogen6X board is manufactured and supported by Boundary Devices.

Regards,

0 Kudos

ericnelsonaz
Contributor III

gusarambula‌ and manivannanm‌,

The i.MX Android page has download demo images for various i.MX6 processors for the P9.0.0_2.2.0_GA release.

keithrobinson
Contributor I

Thanks for your clarification.

I have a follow-up question: How long will support for Android Oreo be provided for the iMX6 family?

Thanks,

Keith

0 Kudos